Cardiovascular Outcome of Cancer Patients: The "GMEDICO Cohort" (GMEDICO)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03492528|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : April 10, 2018
Last Update Posted : September 21, 2022
- Study Details
- Tabular View
- No Results Posted
- How to Read a Study Record
The Mediterranean Group of Cardio-Oncology (GMEDICO) brings together French cardiologists and oncologists who have developed a protocol for the monitoring and cardio-oncological management of patients treated for cancer.
This unique organization makes it possible to envisage the creation of a large cohort from which the incidence and predictive factors of cardiovascular toxicity can be determined.
Primary objective: to determine the cardiovascular prognosis of patients treated for cancer and followed up in cardio-oncology.
- To determine the clinical, biological and imaging factors associated with cardiovascular events under cancer treatment, in order to define a risk score including clinical, biological (biomarker) and imaging data.
- To create a biological source for testing other biomarkers and conducting genome-wide association studies and genetic factors associated with cardiovascular events under cancer treatment.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Cardiovascular Prognosis||Biological: blood samples||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||530 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Cardiovascular Outcome of Cancer Patients: The "GMEDICO Cohort"|
|Actual Study Start Date :||July 5, 2019|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||April 2027|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||October 2027|
|Experimental: Cardiovascular patients treated for a cancer||
Biological: blood samples
- Dosage of cardiac biomarkers [ Time Frame: 5 YEARS ]dosage of troponine
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, Learn About Clinical Studies.
|Ages Eligible for Study:||18 Years and older (Adult, Older Adult)|
|Sexes Eligible for Study:||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
- All adults referred for specialist cardio-oncology consultations before the initiation of a cancer treatment according to pre-established indications will be eligible.
- Failure to provide information that makes it impossible to complete a consultation form or refuse to sign the consent.
- Minor or major patient under guardianship
- Pregnant or breastfeeding woman
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03492528
|Contact: franck thuny||33(0)4 91 96 86 email@example.com|
|Assiatnce Publique Hopitaux de Marseille||Recruiting|
|Marseille, France, 13354|
|Contact: FRANCK THUNY firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Study Director:||jean-olivier ARNAUD||Assistance Publique-Hôpitaux de Marseille|
|Responsible Party:||Assistance Publique Hopitaux De Marseille|
|Other Study ID Numbers:||
2017-A03362-51 ( Other Identifier: N°IDRCB )
|First Posted:||April 10, 2018 Key Record Dates|
|Last Update Posted:||September 21, 2022|
|Last Verified:||September 2022|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Drug Product:||No|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Device Product:||No|