A Study Evaluating the Safety, Pharmacokinetics, and Anti-tumor Activity of ABBV-321 in Subjects With Advanced Solid Tumors Associated With Overexpression of the Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03234712|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 31, 2017
Last Update Posted : May 6, 2021
- Study Details
- Tabular View
- No Results Posted
- How to Read a Study Record
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Advanced Solid Tumors Cancer||Drug: ABBV-321||Phase 1|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||62 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase 1 Study Evaluating the Safety, Pharmacokinetics, and Anti-tumor Activity of ABBV-321 in Subjects With Advanced Solid Tumors Associated With Overexpression of the Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR)|
|Actual Study Start Date :||October 10, 2017|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||April 14, 2021|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||April 14, 2021|
ABBV-321 will be administered via intravenous infusion at escalating dose levels until the maximum tolerated dose is reached and a recommended Phase 2 dose is determined.
Other Name: Serclutamab Talirine
- AUCt for ABBV-321 [ Time Frame: Up to 78 days post dose ]Area Under the Plasma Concentration-time Curve from Time 0 to the Time of the Last Measurable Concentration (AUCt) for ABBV-321
- AUC∞ for ABBV-321 [ Time Frame: Up to 78 days post dose ]AUC∞ is the area under the plasma concentration-time curve from Time 0 to infinite time.
- Tmax of ABBV-321 [ Time Frame: Up to 78 days post dose ]Time to Cmax (Tmax) of ABBV-321
- Terminal phase elimination rate constant (β) for ABBV-321 [ Time Frame: Up to 78 days post dose ]Terminal phase elimination rate constant (β)
- Cmax of ABBV-321 [ Time Frame: Up to 78 days post dose ]Maximum observed plasma concentration (Cmax) of ABBV-321
- Dose Escalation Phase: Recommended Phase 2 dose (RPTD) for ABBV-321 [ Time Frame: Minimum first cycle of dosing (up to 28 days) ]The RPTD will be determined using available safety and pharmacokinetics data upon completion of the Dose Escalation Phase
- t1/2 for ABBV-321 [ Time Frame: Up to 78 days post dose ]Terminal elimination half-life (t1/2)
- Dose Escalation Phase: Maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of ABBV-321 [ Time Frame: Minimum first cycle of dosing (up to 28 days) ]The MTD of ABBV-321 will be determined during the dose escalation phase of the study.
- Progression-Free Survival (PFS) [ Time Frame: Up to approximately 5 years ]PFS is defined as the number of days from the first dose date to the earliest date of disease progression per RECIST 1.1 or RANO criteria or death, whichever occurred first.
- Duration of Response (DOR) [ Time Frame: Up to approximately 5 years ]DOR for a given participant is defined as the number of days from the day CR or PR (whichever is recorded first) occurred to the earliest date of disease progression per RECIST 1.1 or RANO criteria or death, whichever occurred first.
- Disease Control Rate (DCR) [ Time Frame: Up to 5 years ]DCR is defined as the proportion of participants with objective evidence of complete response (CR), partial response (PR) or stable disease (SD); a participants best overall response assignment of SD must be maintained for at least 6 weeks since the first dose date of study drug.
- Time to progression (TTP) [ Time Frame: Up to approximately 5 years ]TTP is defined as the number of days from the first dose date to the earliest date of disease progression per RECIST version 1.1 or RANO criteria.
- Change from Baseline in QTcF [ Time Frame: Up to 61 days post dose ]QT interval measurement corrected by Fridericia's formula (QTcF) change from baseline
- Overall Survival (OS) [ Time Frame: Up to approximately 5 years ]OS is defined as number of days from the date of the first dose to the date of death for all dosed participants. For participants who are not deceased, the data will be censored at the last known date to be alive.
- Objective response rate (ORR) [ Time Frame: Up to 5 years ]ORR is defined as the proportion of participants with a response of partial response (PR) or better; Response Assessment in Neuro-Oncology (RANO) criteria will be used for glioblastoma (GBM) participants, and Response Evaluation Criteria In Solid Tumors (RECIST) 1.1 criteria will be used for all other participants.
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, Learn About Clinical Studies.
|Ages Eligible for Study:||18 Years and older (Adult, Older Adult)|
|Sexes Eligible for Study:||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of 0 to 1.
- Histologically or cytologically confirmed solid tumor of one of the following types associated with overexpression of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR). (For Expansion Phase: Subjects must have EGFR overexpression demonstrated by central assessment or Sponsor selected test).
Dose Escalation Phase:
- Colorectal cancer (CRC), Glioblastoma (GBM), squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (HNSCC), non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), bladder, cervical, esophageal, kidney or sarcoma.
- Participants must have disease that has progressed on prior treatment and is not amenable to surgical resection or other approved therapeutic options with curative intent. Participants must not be eligible for, or has refused further therapy that is likely to provide a survival benefit.
- Must have measureable disease as per RECIST Version 1.1 or RANO (for GBM).
- Minimum life expectancy of at least 12 weeks.
Expansion Phase (Solid Tumor Cohort):
- Histologically or cytologically confirmed advanced solid tumor.
- Participants must have disease that has progressed on prior treatment and is not amenable to surgical resection or other approved therapeutic options with curative intent.
- Must have measureable disease as per RECIST Version 1.1.
- Minimum life expectancy of at least 12 weeks.
Expansion Phase (GBM Cohort Only):
- Participant has recurrent primary (de novo) glioblastoma histologically confirmed at any time from initial diagnosis through latest recurrence.
- Participant has recurrent GBM per Response Evaluation in Neuro-Oncology (RANO) requirements.
- Tumor is measurable according to RANO criteria.
- Active uncontrolled infection National Cancer Institute Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (NCI CTCAE Grade greater than or equal to 3).
- New York Heart Association (NYHA) Class III or IV heart failure and/or ejection fraction of < 40% as measured by echocardiogram at screening.
- Unstable angina pectoris or cardiac ventricular arrhythmia.
- Myocardial infarction or cerebrovascular accident (CVA) within 6 months.
- Documented history of capillary leak syndrome within 6 months of study enrollment.
- Grade 2 or higher peripheral edema, ascites, pleural, or pericardial effusion within 4 weeks of study enrollment or any history of recurrent grade 2 or higher effusions requiring ongoing drainage.
- Active keratitis or current corneal disorder.
- Laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) procedure within the last 1 year or cataract surgery within the last 3 months.
- Major surgery (including opening of the abdomen, chest) within 21 days of the first dose of study drug.
- Uncontrolled metastases from an extracranial solid tumor to the central nervous system (CNS). Participants with brain metastases from an extracranial solid tumor are eligible after definitive therapy provided they are asymptomatic for at least 2 weeks prior to first dose of ABBV-321.
- No history of medical condition resulting in nephrotic range proteinuria.
- Participants must not have been treated in anticancer therapy including chemotherapy, immunotherapy, radiotherapy, hormonal therapy, biologic therapy or investigational anti-cancer therapy within a period of 21 days or herbal anticancer therapy within 7 days prior to the first dose of study drug.
- For approved targeted small molecules, a washout period of 5 half-lives is adequate (no washout period required for subjects currently on erlotinib)
- Participant must not have been in more than three lines of systemic cytotoxic therapy (excluding adjuvant and neoadjuvant therapy)
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03234712
|Study Director:||ABBVIE INC.||AbbVie|
|Other Study ID Numbers:||
|First Posted:||July 31, 2017 Key Record Dates|
|Last Update Posted:||May 6, 2021|
|Last Verified:||May 2021|
|Individual Participant Data (IPD) Sharing Statement:|
|Plan to Share IPD:||No|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Drug Product:||Yes|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Device Product:||No|
|Product Manufactured in and Exported from the U.S.:||No|
Advanced Solid Tumors
Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR)
Squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (HNSCC)
non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
overexpression of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR)