Quantifying and Understanding the Signs and Symptoms of Fever
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01287143|
Recruitment Status : Terminated
First Posted : February 1, 2011
Last Update Posted : October 6, 2017
- Fever is a common symptom of illness, but it can involve many signs (a signal that something is not right in the body that can be seen by others, such as vomiting) and symptoms (a signal that something is not right in the body that are felt only by the person, such as pain) that may differ depending on the type of illness involved. Researchers are interested in studying individuals who have a fever to examine how often these signs and symptoms are experienced by patients.
- To identify and evaluate the signs and symptoms of fever and examine their frequency in individuals who have fever.
- Individuals at least 8 years of age who are admitted to the NIH Clinical Center and have a fever (body temperature of at least 38 degrees Celsius/100.4 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Participants will be screened upon admission to the NIH Clinical Center.
- Researchers will review the Clinical Center admission records.
- Participants will complete a 15- to 20-minute survey with questions about how they are feeling and what symptoms they have experienced before, during and after an episode of fever.
|Condition or disease|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||99 participants|
|Official Title:||Beyond Intuition: Quantifying and Understanding the Signs and Symptoms of Fever|
|Study Start Date :||January 13, 2011|
|Study Completion Date :||August 9, 2017|
- Symptoms of fever [ Time Frame: Throughout in patient admission ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01287143
|United States, Maryland|
|National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, 9000 Rockville Pike|
|Bethesda, Maryland, United States, 20892|
|Principal Investigator:||Nancy Ames, R.N.||National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)|