A Dose-finding Phase IIb Study With AZD0865 and Esomeprazole in GERD Patients With Erosive Esophagitis.
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00206245|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 21, 2005
Last Update Posted : January 4, 2013
The primary objective is to compare the efficacy between three doses of AZD0865 (25, 50 and 75 mg).
The secondary objectives are to compare the efficacy between the three doses of AZD0865 and esomeprazole 40 mg and to evaluate the safety and tolerability of AZD0865.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|GERD With Erosive Esophagitis||Drug: AZD0865||Phase 2|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Enrollment :||1400 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Official Title:||A Randomised, Double-blind, Multicentre Dose-finding Phase IIb Study for up to 8 Weeks' Treatment With AZD0865 25, 50, 75 mg and Esomeprazole 40 mg, Given Orally Once Daily for the Healing of Erosive Esophagitis in Adult Subjects With GERD With Erosive Esophagitis According to the LA Classification in Adult Subjects.|
|Study Start Date :||May 2004|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||March 2005|
- Healing of erosive esophagitis at 4 weeks.
- Healing of erosive esophagitis at 2 and 8 weeks.
- The Quality of Life in Reflux and Dyspepsia (QOLRAD).
- Patient-reported symptoms.
- Investigator-reported symptoms.
- Population pharmacokinetics (PK). Area under the concentration-time curve (AUC) and the oral clearance calculated by dose/AUC (CL/F).
- pH monitoring.
- Safety (Adverse events, Laboratory variables, BP, pulse, ECG and physical examination).
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00206245