Rural CT Examination and Thrombolytic Treatment for Stroke (RURALCT)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03577847|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : July 4, 2018
Last Update Posted : March 15, 2019
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Stroke||Diagnostic Test: Rural CT scanning|
|Study Type :||Observational [Patient Registry]|
|Estimated Enrollment :||200 participants|
|Target Follow-Up Duration:||3 Months|
|Official Title:||Rural CT Examination and Thrombolytic Treatment for Stroke: An Observational Study of Medical and Health Economic Effects|
|Actual Study Start Date :||November 20, 2017|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 31, 2020|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||April 1, 2021|
Intervention group: Stroke patients investigated with rural CT scanning at HSS, Ål. Patients living in the municipalities of Hol, Ål, Gol, Hemsedal and Nes.
Diagnostic Test: Rural CT scanning
Rural computer tomography for acute stroke
Other Name: Thrombolysis
Control-group: Stroke patients with similar transportation time to hospital, but no access to rural CT scanning. Patients living in the municipalities of Nore- and Uvdal, Vang, Øystre and Vestre Slidre, Lesja, Vågå, Lom, Dovre, Skjåk and Sel.
- Thrombolytic treatment [ Time Frame: 3 months ]The proportion of patients with ischaemic stroke receiving thrombolytic treatment in percent.
- Ictus to needle time [ Time Frame: 3 months ]Time from onset of stroke symptoms (Ictus) to thrombolytic treatment (Needle).
- Functional status [ Time Frame: 3 months ]Modified Rankin Scale (mRS score 0-6). Good outcome 0-2
- Cognitive status [ Time Frame: 3 months ]Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA score 0-30). Good outcome 26-30
- Depression [ Time Frame: 3 months ]Geriatric depression scale (GDS score 0-30). Good outcome 0-10
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03577847
|Contact: Jorgen M Ibsen, MD||90732161 ext firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Christian Hall, PhDemail@example.com|
|Vestre Viken Hospital Trust||Recruiting|
|Honefoss, Buskerud, Norway, 3004|
|Contact: Christian M Hall, PhD firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Jorgen Ibsen, MD email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator:||Jorgen M Ibsen, MD||Vestre Viken Hospital Trust|