Oral Health in Breast Cancer Survivors on Aromatase Inhibitors
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01693731|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 26, 2012
Last Update Posted : May 20, 2015
|Condition or disease|
|Periodontal Disease Quality of Life|
This cross-sectional prevalence study seeks to investigate the incidence and severity of oral health changes, specifically of periodontal conditions, among breast cancer survivors and the ways in which these outcomes affect their quality of life.
- To determine the prevalence and severity of oral conditions in postmenopausal women with early stage breast cancer using adjuvant AI therapy as compared to postmenopausal women not using adjuvant AI therapy.
- To determine if adjuvant AI therapy use is associated with greater alveolar bone loss or increased levels of bone turnover biomarkers in postmenopausal women with cancer undergoing adjuvant AI therapy compared to postmenopausal women not receiving AI therapy.
- To determine the oral health-related quality of life among postmenopausal women with early stage breast cancer who are receiving adjuvant AI therapy.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||300 participants|
|Official Title:||Oral Health in Breast Cancer Survivors on Aromatase Inhibitors|
|Study Start Date :||April 2012|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||March 2015|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||March 2015|
Postmenopausal women with breast cancer taking Arimidex, Aromasin, or Femara
Healthy volunteer postmenopausal women not taking Aromatase Inhibitors
- Periodontal diseases [ Time Frame: At the time of study visit ]
- Alveolar bone loss using salivary and serum-derived bone markers. [ Time Frame: At the time of study visit ]
- Oral Health Related Quality of Life (OHRQoL) assessed via questionnaire [ Time Frame: At the time of study visit ]
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01693731
|United States, Michigan|
|Michigan Center For Oral Health Research (MCOHR)|
|Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States, 48106|
|Principal Investigator:||L. Susan Taichman, RDH MPH PhD||University of Michigan|