Oncology Episode Payment Model in Hawaii
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03523546|
Recruitment Status : Active, not recruiting
First Posted : May 14, 2018
Last Update Posted : December 12, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Breast Cancer Colon Cancer Lung Cancer||Other: Cancer Episode Payment Model (CEM)||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||7 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Primary Purpose:||Health Services Research|
|Official Title:||Oncology Episode Payment Model in Hawaii|
|Actual Study Start Date :||August 1, 2018|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||January 1, 2020|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||January 31, 2021|
Experimental: Cancer Episode Payment Model
Oncologists in this arm will be paid for each member's episode of care. The episode of care is 6 months in duration. Oncologists will have the opportunity to receive performance-based payments based upon a set of 6 quality metrics.
Other: Cancer Episode Payment Model (CEM)
Oncologists will be paid for an episode of care with the opportunity to receive a value based payment based on 6 quality metrics.
No Intervention: Fee for Service
Oncologists in this arm will not receive the intervention and will continue to be paid through fee-for-service.
- Composite quality score [ Time Frame: 1 year ]Quality metrics included in the oncology model will be compared across the two arms.
- Episode cost [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Total spending of oncology patients in the episode will be compared across the two arms.
- Utilization of acute and specialty care [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Total utilization of acute and specialty care of oncology patients in the episode will be compared across the two arms
- Quality of care at end of life [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Quality measures evaluating use of acute care and palliative care services at the end of life will be compared across the two arms
- Survival [ Time Frame: one year ]All cause mortality will be compared across the two arms
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03523546
|United States, Hawaii|
|Honolulu, Hawaii, United States, 96701|