Oral Cancer Screening Among Nursing Home Dentists in Ohio
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00526851|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 10, 2007
Last Update Posted : February 5, 2014
RATIONALE: Learning about oral cancer screening practices, knowledge, and opinions of Ohio nursing home dentists may help the study of oral cancer in the future.
PURPOSE: This clinical trial is studying oral cancer screening among nursing home dentists in Ohio.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Head and Neck Cancer||Other: survey administration|
- To develop a comprehensive sample of nursing home dentists in Ohio.
- To document knowledge of oral cancer detection among these dentists.
- To describe opinions of these dentists about oral cancer screening competency.
- To describe the current oral cancer screening practices of these dentists.
OUTLINE: Participants are stratified according to geographical location (urban vs rural).
A comprehensive sample of nursing home dentists practicing in Ohio are contacted through a recruitment letter and are asked to respond to questions regarding oral cancer screening practices, knowledge of oral cancer detection, and opinions about oral cancer screening using a newly developed survey, which is based on parts of an existing, pre-tested instrument (Oral Cancer Prevention and Early Detection Survey).
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||37 participants|
|Official Title:||Oral Cancer Screening: Practices, Knowledge and Opinions of Ohio Nursing Home Dentists|
|Study Start Date :||March 2007|
|Primary Completion Date :||January 2008|
|Study Completion Date :||January 2009|
Other: survey administration
- Knowledge of oral cancer detection among nursing home dentists in Ohio [ Time Frame: Cross-Sectional ]
- Opinions of these dentists about oral cancer screening competency [ Time Frame: Cross-Sectional ]
- Current oral cancer screening practices of nursing home dentists in Ohio [ Time Frame: Cross-Sectional ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00526851
|United States, Ohio|
|Ireland Cancer Center at University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center|
|Cleveland, Ohio, United States, 44106-5065|
|Study Chair:||Suparna A. Mahalaha, DDS, MPH||Ireland Cancer Center at University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center|