Nutritional Status in Children With ALL in Guatemala
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03471416|
Recruitment Status : Not yet recruiting
First Posted : March 20, 2018
Last Update Posted : July 30, 2018
|Condition or disease|
|Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||60 participants|
|Official Title:||Nutritional Status in Children With Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Undergoing Treatment at the National Pediatric Oncology Unit in Guatemala City, Guatemala|
|Estimated Study Start Date :||August 15, 2018|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||January 2021|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||January 2022|
Children with ALL
Children undergoing ALL treatment at UNOP Guatemala who are under the age of 18 years.
- Association of BMI and Body Composition [ Time Frame: Up to 6 months after treatment ]Body composition will be measured by DEXA.
- Association of TSFT and Body Composition [ Time Frame: Up to 6 months after treatment ]Body composition will be measured by DEXA.
- Association of MUAC and Body Composition [ Time Frame: Up to 6 months after treatment ]Body composition will be measured by DEXA.
- Body Composition [ Time Frame: Up to 6 months after treatment ]Aim to establish normative values of body composition (measured by DEXA) in children residing in an LMIC by examine healthy siblings of children under treatment at UNOP.
- Habitual Activity Estimation Scale [ Time Frame: Up to 6 months after treatment ]Percentage of time awake will be documented in each of 4 activity categories: inactive (lying down), somewhat inactive (SI, sitting down), somewhat active (SA, walking) and very active (VA, those activities that make subject "breathe hard and sweat"). The use of wake-up and bedtimes as well as meal times and durations allow the calculation of the total number of hours per day spent in each of the 4 categories. Total activity (TA) is calculated as SA+VA for each day.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03471416
|Contact: Elena J Ladas, RD, PhDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Suvekshya Aryal, MPHemail@example.com|
|Unidad Nacional de Oncología Pediátrica||Not yet recruiting|
|Guatemala City, Guatemala|
|Contact: Federico Antiloon, MD, MMM, PhD firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator: Federico Antiloon, MD, MMM, PhD|
|Sub-Investigator: Ana Lucia Molina, RD|
|Study Chair:||Ronald Barr, MB, ChB, MD||McMaster University|
|Principal Investigator:||Federico Antiloon, MD, MMM, PhD||Unidad Nacional de Oncología Pediátrica|
|Study Director:||Elena J Ladas, RD, PhD||Columbia University|