Two-Part Study for Dose Determination of SRP-5051 (Vesleteplirsen) (Part A), Then Dose Expansion (Part B) in Participants With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Amenable to Exon 51-Skipping Treatment (MOMENTUM)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04004065|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : July 1, 2019
Last Update Posted : January 18, 2023
- Study Details
- Tabular View
- No Results Posted
- How to Read a Study Record
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy||Drug: SRP-5051||Phase 2|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||60 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Sequential Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase 2, Two-Part, Multiple-Ascending-Dose Study of SRP-5051 for Dose Determination, Then Dose Expansion, in Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Amenable to Exon 51-Skipping Treatment|
|Actual Study Start Date :||June 26, 2019|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||September 30, 2023|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||August 31, 2024|
Experimental: Part A: SRP-5051
Participants received escalating dose levels of SRP-5051, every 4 weeks, via intravenous (IV) infusion for up to 75 weeks during Part A. Once the doses have been selected for Part B, all participants who have completed Part A will transition to Part B.
SRP-5051 injection, for IV use
Other Name: vesleteplirsen
Experimental: Part B: SRP-5051
Participants will receive SRP-5051 at the doses selected based on data from Part A every 4 weeks, via IV infusion, for up to 2 years. This includes the participants who rollover from Part A, as well as the additional participants who will be enrolled at the beginning of Part B.
SRP-5051 injection, for IV use
Other Name: vesleteplirsen
- Part A: Number of Adverse Events (AEs) [ Time Frame: Part A: Baseline up to 75 weeks ]Number of adverse events includes clinically significant laboratory abnormalities.
- Part B: Change From Baseline in Dystrophin Protein Level [ Time Frame: Part B: Baseline, Week 28 ]
- Part A: Pharmacokinetics (PK): Plasma Concentration of SRP-5051 and Metabolite (SRP-5051A) [ Time Frame: Pre-dose and at multiple time points (up to 32 hours) after end of infusion ]
- Part A: PK: Urine Concentration of SRP-5051 [ Time Frame: Pre-dose and at multiple time periods (up to 48 hours) after end of infusion ]
- Part B: Change From Baseline in Exon-Skipping Levels [ Time Frame: Part B: Baseline, Week 28 ]
- Part B: Number of Adverse Events (AEs) [ Time Frame: Part B: Baseline up to Week 104 ]Number of adverse events includes clinically significant laboratory abnormalities.
- Part B: PK: Plasma Concentration of SRP-5051 and Metabolite (SRP-5051A) [ Time Frame: Part B predose and at multiple timepoints (up to 48 hours) after end of infusion ]
- Part B: PK: Urine Concentration of SRP-5051 [ Time Frame: Part B predose and at multiple timepoints (up to 48 hours) after end of infusion ]
- Part B: Change from Baseline in Percent Dystrophin-Positive Fibers (PDPF) and Mean Intensity, as Measured by Immunofluorescence Assay [ Time Frame: Part B: Baseline, Week 28 ]Change from baseline in PDPF and mean intensity as measured by immunofluorescence assay will be reported.
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, Learn About Clinical Studies.
|Ages Eligible for Study:||7 Years to 21 Years (Child, Adult)|
|Sexes Eligible for Study:||Male|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
Inclusion Criteria for participants previously treated with SRP-5051:
- Has received prior SRP-5051 treatment in Part A of this study or in Study 5051-102
Exclusion Criteria for participants previously treated with SRP-5051 and new participants enrolling into Part B:
- Presence of other clinically significant illness, including cardiac, pulmonary, hepatic, renal, hematologic, immunologic, or behavioral disease, or infection or malignancy or any other condition that, in the Investigator's opinion, could interfere with participation in the trial.
Inclusion Criteria for treatment-naïve participants enrolling into Part B:
- Has a genetic diagnosis of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) and an out-of-frame deletion mutation of the DMD gene amenable to exon 51-skipping treatment.
- Has been on a stable dose of oral corticosteroids for at least 12 weeks prior to study drug administration and the dose is expected to remain constant throughout the study (except for modifications to accommodate changes in weight), or has not received corticosteroids for at least 12 weeks prior to study drug administration.
- Has stable pulmonary function (forced vital capacity [FVC] ≥40% of predicted and no requirement for nocturnal ventilation).
Exclusion Criteria for treatment-naive participants enrolling into Part B:
- History of hypomagnesemia within 12 weeks prior to Screening.
- Initiation or change of dosing (except for modifications to accommodate changes in weight or changes in standard of care) within 12 weeks prior to Screening for any of the following: angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, angiotensin receptor-blocking agents, β-blockers, or potassium.
- Initiation or change of dosing within 12 weeks prior to Screening for over-the-counter preparations, such as herbal/nonherbal supplements, vitamins, minerals, and homeopathic preparations.
- Has a left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) <40.0% based on an echocardiogram (ECHO) performed within 12 weeks prior to Screening or at the Screening Visit.
- Treatment with any exon 51-skipping therapy within 4 weeks prior to Screening, or with any experimental gene therapy for the treatment of DMD at any time.
Other inclusion/exclusion criteria apply.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT04004065
|Contact: Sarepta Therapeutics Inc., For Clinical Trial Information, Select Option 4||1-888-SAREPTA (1-888-727-3782)||SareptAlly@sarepta.com|
|Study Director:||Medical Director||Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc.|
|Responsible Party:||Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc.|
|Other Study ID Numbers:||
2019-000601-77 ( EudraCT Number )
|First Posted:||July 1, 2019 Key Record Dates|
|Last Update Posted:||January 18, 2023|
|Last Verified:||January 2023|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Drug Product:||Yes|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Device Product:||No|
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
Peptide-conjugated phosphorodiamidate morpholino oligomer (PPMO)
Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne
Muscular Disorders, Atrophic
Nervous System Diseases
Genetic Diseases, Inborn
Genetic Diseases, X-Linked