An Efficacy and Safety Study of Palovarotene for the Treatment of FOP
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03312634|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : October 18, 2017
Last Update Posted : March 15, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva||Drug: Palovarotene||Phase 3|
One primary objective is to evaluate the efficacy of palovarotene in decreasing new HO in subjects with FOP as assessed by low-dose, whole body computed tomography (WBCT), excluding head, compared to untreated subjects from Clementia's FOP natural history study (Study PVO-1A-001, NHS). The other primary objective is to evaluate the safety of palovarotene in subjects with FOP.
This is a Phase 3, multicenter, open-label study. Eligible subjects will receive a chronic/flare-up dosing regimen of palovarotene for 24 months as follows:
- Chronic treatment: orally administered 5 mg palovarotene once daily for 24 months.
- Flare-up treatment: orally administered 20 mg palovarotene once daily for 4 weeks (28 days) followed by orally administered 10 mg palovarotene once daily for 8 weeks (56 days). Flare-up treatment may be extended until the Investigator determines that the flare-up has resolved.
Note that all dosing will be weight-adjusted in skeletally immature subjects (those under the age of 18 years with less than 90% skeletal maturity on hand/ wrist x-rays performed at Screening).
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||80 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Intervention Model Description:||A multicenter, open-label study. Untreated subjects from the FOP NHS will serve as the control arm.|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Masking Description:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||MOVE TRIAL: A Phase 3, Efficacy and Safety Study of Oral Palovarotene for the Treatment of Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva (FOP)|
|Actual Study Start Date :||November 28, 2017|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||September 2020|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||November 2020|
Experimental: Palovarotene Chronic/Flare-Up Regimen
Subjects will receive 5 mg palovarotene once daily for up to 24 months; and 20 mg palovarotene once daily for 28 days, followed by 10 mg for 56 days for flareups. (Dosing will be adjusted for weight in skeletally immature subjects.)
Palovarotene will be taken orally once daily at approximately the same time each day following a meal.
- Change in New HO Volume [ Time Frame: Screening, every 6 months up to 2 years ]Annualized change in new HO volume as assessed by low-dose, WBCT (excluding head) compared to untreated subjects from the NHS.
- Subjects with New HO [ Time Frame: Screening, every 6 months up to 2 years ]The proportion of subjects with any new HO.
- Number of Body Regions with HO [ Time Frame: Screening, every 6 months up to 2 years ]Change from baseline in the number of body regions with new HO.
- Subjects with Flare-Ups [ Time Frame: Up to 2 years ]The proportion of subjects reporting flare-ups.
- Rate of Flare-Ups [ Time Frame: Up to 2 years ]The rate of flare-ups per subject-month exposure.
- Incidence of Adverse Events [ Time Frame: Up to 2 years ]Monitor adverse events.
- Palovarotene Area Under the Curve (AUC) [ Time Frame: Predose, and 3, 6, 10, and 24 hours postdose ]Determination of AUC at steady-state assessed during treatment with 5, 10, and 20 mg palovarotene.
- Range of Motion [ Time Frame: Screening, every 6 months up to 2 years ]Change from baseline in range of motion as assessed by the Cumulative Analogue Joint Involvement Scale for FOP (CAJIS).
- FOP-Physical Function Questionnaire [ Time Frame: Screening, every 6 months up to 2 years ]Change from baseline in physical function using age-appropriate forms of the FOP-Physical Function Questionnaire (PFQ).
- PROMIS Global Health Scale [ Time Frame: Screening, every 6 months up to 2 years ]Change from baseline in physical/mental function using age-appropriate forms of the PROMIS Global Health Scale.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03312634
|Contact: Clinical Trials Information||1-800-750-8710||ClinicalTrials@clementiapharma.com|
|Contact: Clinical Trials Information|
|United States, California|
|University of California San Francisco, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism||Recruiting|
|San Francisco, California, United States, 94143|
|Contact: Tea Chan 415-316-8308 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator: Edward Hsiao, MD, PhD|
|Sub-Investigator: Umesh Masharani, MD|
|United States, Pennsylvania|
|University of Pennsylvania||Recruiting|
|Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States, 19104|
|Contact: Katherine S. Toder, CCRC 215-294-9144 Katherine.Toder@uphs.upenn.edu|
|Principal Investigator: Mona Al Mukaddam, MD, MS|
|Sub-Investigator: Frederick Kaplan, MD|
|Toronto General Hospital||Recruiting|
|Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5G 2C4|
|Contact: Irene Ho 416-340-3680 email@example.com|
|Contact: Suzanne Cohen 416-340-4850 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator: Angela Cheung, MD, PhD|
|Sub-Investigator: Lianne Tile, MD|
|Groupe Hospitalier Necker Enfants Malades||Recruiting|
|Paris, France, 75015|
|Contact: Genevieve Baujat, MD 331 44 49 51 53 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: Genevieve Baujat, MD|
|Sub-Investigator: Caroline Michot, MD|
|Sub-Investigator: Philippe Blakime Aalem, MD|
|Sub-Investigator: Breton Sylvain, MD|
|Hospital Universitari i Politècnic La Fe, Unidad de Reumatología Pediatrica||Recruiting|
|Valencia, Avinguda De Fernando Abril Martorell, Nº 106, Spain, 46026|
|Contact: Inmaculada Calvo, MD, PhD 0034 96 124 4792 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator: Inmaculada Calvo, MD, PhD|
|Sub-Investigator: Maria Isabel Gonzalez, MD|
|Sub-Investigator: Berta Lopez, MD|
|Sub-Investigator: Miguel Martí, MD, PhD|
|Umeå, Sweden, SE-90185|
|Contact: Staffan Berglund, MD, PhD +46 90 7850225 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: Staffan Berglund, MD, PhD|
|Sub-Investigator: Maria Björmsjö, MD|