Autologous Dendritic Cells in Treating Patients With Metastatic Kidney Cancer
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01826877|
Recruitment Status : Active, not recruiting
First Posted : April 9, 2013
Last Update Posted : July 27, 2020
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma Recurrent Renal Cell Cancer Stage IV Renal Cell Cancer||Biological: AdGMCAIX-transduced autologous dendritic cells Biological: therapeutic autologous dendritic cells Other: laboratory biomarker analysis||Phase 1|
I. To determine the safety and tolerability of dendritic cell (DC)-AdGM carbonic anhydrase IX (CAIX) administered by intradermal injections at study doses and schedule.
I. To evaluate clinical antitumor effects following study treatment according to Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors (RECIST) guideline version 1.1. Parameters include objective response (complete response [CR], partial response [PR]), duration of response in patients with objective response, and time to disease progression.
II. To evaluate immune responses to DC-AdGMCAIX vaccination by enzyme-linked immunospot (ELISpot) for numeric determination of CAIX specific T cells in blood.
III. To evaluate immune responses to DC-AdGMCAIX vaccination by cytokine profiling of T cell culture supernatants for characterization of the immune response in subjects with demonstrated immune activation may be performed.
IV. To evaluate immune responses to DC-AdGMCAIX vaccination by anti-sargramostim (GM-CSF) antibody response.
V. To evaluate tumor biopsies for immune cell infiltrates.
OUTLINE: This is a dose-escalation study.
Patients receive AdGMCAIX-transduced autologous dendritic cells intradermally (ID) on days 1, 15, and 29.
After completion of study treatment, patients are followed up every 2-3 months for at least 6 months.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||12 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase I, Open Label, Dose Escalation and Cohort Expansion Study to Evaluate the Safety and Immune Response to Autologous Dendritic Cells Transduced With Ad-GMCAIX in Patients With Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma|
|Actual Study Start Date :||April 10, 2012|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 31, 2021|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||January 2022|
Experimental: Treatment (autologous dendritic cells)
Patients receive AdGMCAIX-transduced autologous dendritic cells ID on days 1, 15, and 29.
Biological: AdGMCAIX-transduced autologous dendritic cells
Biological: therapeutic autologous dendritic cells
Other: laboratory biomarker analysis
- Incidence of adverse events including all grade 3 and grade 4 adverse events regardless of causality, treatment-related adverse events, dose limiting toxicities (DLT), and adverse events leading to discontinuation of study treatment [ Time Frame: Up to day 57 ]Graded according to the National Cancer Institute Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (NCI CTCAE) version 4.03
- CAIX-specific immune response [ Time Frame: Up to 3 years ]Measured by ELISpot analysis of T cells from blood and cytokine profiling in T cell cultural supernatants.
- Objective response (CR, PR) according to RECIST guideline version 1.1 [ Time Frame: Up to 3 years ]
- Duration of progression-free survival [ Time Frame: Up to 3 years ]
- Clinical benefit rate (CR, PR, and SD) greater than or equal to 12 weeks [ Time Frame: Up to 3 years ]
- Disease response (CR, PR, stable disease [SD], and progressive disease [PD]) according to RECIST guideline version 1 [ Time Frame: Up to 3 years ]
- Duration of response according to RECIST guideline version 1 [ Time Frame: Up to 3 years ]
- Time to disease progression [ Time Frame: Up to 3 years ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01826877
|United States, California|
|Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center|
|Los Angeles, California, United States, 90095|
|Principal Investigator:||Fairooz Kabbinavar||Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center|