Phase 1/2 Study of ZN-d5 for the Treatment of Relapsed or Refractory Light Chain (AL) Amyloidosis
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT05199337|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : January 20, 2022
Last Update Posted : May 15, 2023
- Study Details
- Tabular View
- No Results Posted
- How to Read a Study Record
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Amyloidosis AL Amyloidosis||Drug: ZN-d5||Phase 1 Phase 2|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||135 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Single Arm, Open-Label, Phase 1/2 Study of ZN-d5 for the Treatment of Relapsed or Refractory Light Chain (AL) Amyloidosis|
|Actual Study Start Date :||November 30, 2021|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||May 2025|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2025|
Experimental: Treatment Arm
Subjects will receive ZN-d5 orally (PO), once daily (QD) on days 1-28. Cycles repeat every 28 days in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
ZN-d5 will be administered orally
Other Name: Study Drug
- Safety and Tolerability [ Time Frame: 18 Months ]Incidence and severity of adverse events (AEs), graded according to the National Cancer Institute Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (NCI CTCAE) version 5.0
- Dose limiting toxicities [ Time Frame: 18 Months ]Incidence of Dose-limiting toxicities (DLTs) observed in DLT evaluable subjects
- PK Parameter: Finding max concentration (Cmax) of ZN-d5 [ Time Frame: 48 months ]Determine the maximum observed concentration (Cmax) of ZN-d5 collected in the plasma from subjects at different dose levels.
- PK Parameter: Finding time to maximum concentration (Tmax) of ZN-d5 [ Time Frame: 48 months ]The duration (in hours) it takes for ZN-d5 to reach the maximum concentration (or Cmax) collected in the plasma from subjects at different dose levels.
- PK Parameter: Finding half-life of ZN-d5 [ Time Frame: 48 months ]The time takes for half the drug concentration of ZN-d5 to be eliminated (Half-life) from the plasma that was collected from subjects at different dose levels
- PK Parameter: Finding the Area Under the Curve (AUC) of ZN-d5 [ Time Frame: 48 months ]The total exposure of ZN-d5 over time (AUC) from the plasma collected by the subject at different dose levels.
- Assess the hematologic response to ZN-d5 [ Time Frame: 48 months ]The number of Complete Response (CR), Very Good Partial Response (VGPR), Partial Response (PR), No Response (NR), Progressive Disease (PD) using the AL Amyloidosis Hematologic Response Criteria.
- Duration and time to hematologic response to ZN-d5 [ Time Frame: 48 months ]The rate of, duration of, and time to CR, modified Complete Response (mCR), CR+VGPR, and mCR+VGPR
- To assess potential biomarker of ZN-d5 [ Time Frame: 48 months ]The number of peripheral B-Cells from blood tests
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, Learn About Clinical Studies.
|Ages Eligible for Study:||18 Years and older (Adult, Older Adult)|
|Sexes Eligible for Study:||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
Key Inclusion Criteria:
- Diagnosis of AL amyloidosis based on histopathology, the presence of characteristic appearance on electron microscopy, or mass spectrometry typing of amyloid.
- Prior AL amyloidosis treatment and has received at least one, but no more than three lines of prior therapy;
- Adequate time since prior therapy before initiation of treatment (at least 3 months from hematopoietic stem cell transplantation or the shorter of 60 days or 5 half-lives for biologics, small molecules or investigational drugs);
- Measurable disease defined by serum differential free light chain;
- Assessment of t(11,14) status by FISH;
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group performance status ≤2 ;
- History of organ involvement
- Adequate bone marrow function prior to first administration of study drug;
- Adequate organ function;
Key Exclusion Criteria:
- Presence of non-AL amyloidosis, including wild-type or mutated ATTR amyloidosis;
- Diagnosis of multiple myeloma according to the 2014 International Myeloma Working Group diagnostic criteria;
- Mayo 2012 Stage IV disease;
- Cardiac involvement exclusions apply to some subjects, including heart failure and cardiac arrhythmias.
- Prior treatment with other BCL-2 inhibitors;
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT05199337
|Contact: K-Group Alpha subsidiary of Zentalis Pharmaceuticalsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Study Director:||Medical Affairs||K-Group Alpha subsidiary of Zentalis Pharmaceuticals|
|Responsible Party:||K-Group Alpha, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Zentalis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.|
|Other Study ID Numbers:||
|First Posted:||January 20, 2022 Key Record Dates|
|Last Update Posted:||May 15, 2023|
|Last Verified:||May 2023|
|Individual Participant Data (IPD) Sharing Statement:|
|Plan to Share IPD:||No|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Drug Product:||Yes|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Device Product:||No|
Light Chain Amyloidosis
Light chain (AL) Amyloidosis
Immunoglobulin Light-chain Amyloidosis
Neoplasms, Plasma Cell
Neoplasms by Histologic Type
Immune System Diseases