Study to Compare Tivozanib in Combination With Nivolumab to Tivozanib Monotherapy in Subjects With Renal Cell Carcinoma
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04987203|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : August 3, 2021
Last Update Posted : November 23, 2022
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Drug: Tivozanib Drug: Nivolumab||Phase 3|
This will be an open-label, randomized, controlled, multicenter, multi-national, parallel-arm study. The study is designed to compare the progression free survival (PFS), overall survival (OS), Objective response rate (ORR), duration of response (DoR), and safety of tivozanib and the combination of tivozanib with nivolumab.
Approximately 326 subjects with refractory advanced RCC at approximately 190 sites will be randomized in a 1:1 ratio to treatment with tivozanib plus nivolumab (163 subjects) or tivozanib (163 subjects). Subjects will be randomly assigned to a treatment.
Subjects will receive 1.34 mg/day (monotherapy arm) or 0.89mg/day (combination arm) of tivozanib once daily (QD) for 3 weeks followed by 1 week off study drug. One cycle will be defined as 4 weeks: 3 weeks on treatment and 1 week off treatment. Subjects who receive nivolumab will be infused with 1 treatment of nivolumab at specified dose on specified days of each Cycle.
Subjects with documented stable disease or an objective response may continue to receive both tivozanib and nivolumab therapy at the same dose and schedule until progression as long as the tolerability is acceptable. Nivolumab will be discontinued in all subjects after 2 years. A Safety Follow-up Visit will be performed 30 days (± 7 days) after the last dose of study drug.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||326 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||TiNivo-2: A Phase 3, Randomized, Controlled, Multicenter, Open-label Study to Compare Tivozanib in Combination With Nivolumab to Tivozanib Monotherapy in Subjects With Renal Cell Carcinoma Who Have Progressed Following One or Two Lines of Therapy Where One Line Has an Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor|
|Actual Study Start Date :||September 9, 2021|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||August 1, 2024|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||August 1, 2025|
Experimental: Tivozanib in Combination with Nivolumab
Subjects with advanced RCC will receive 0.89 mg of tivozanib once daily (QD) for 3 weeks followed by 1 week off study drug and nivolumab every 4 weeks on Day 1 of each Cycle, until disease progression or unacceptable toxicities occur, other withdrawal criteria are met, or completion of 2 years of treatment [for nivolumab] whichever occurs first.
Tivozanib will be administered orally.
Nivolumab will be administered via intravenous infusion.
Subjects with advanced RCC will receive 1.34 mg of tivozanib once daily (QD) for 3 weeks followed by 1 week off study drug until disease progression or unacceptable toxicities occur, or other withdrawal criteria are met.
Tivozanib will be administered orally.
- Progression free survival [ Time Frame: until progressive disease [PD] (Approximately 30 months) ]Comparison of the PFS of tivozanib in combination with nivolumab to tivozanib in subjects with RCC who have progressed following 1 or 2 lines of therapy. PFS is defined as the time from randomization to first documentation of objective tumor progression (progressive disease [PD], radiological) according to Response Evaluation Criteria In Solid Tumors (RECIST), or death due to any reasons whichever comes first.
- Overall Survival [ Time Frame: From Screening (Days -28 to -1) until death (Approximately 42 months) ]Comparsion of the OS of subjects randomized to treatment with tivozanib in combination with nivolumab compared to tivozanib. OS is defined as the time from the date of randomization to date of death due to any cause.
- Objective Response Rate [ Time Frame: From Screening (Days -28 to -1) until PD (Approximately 30 months) ]Comparison of ORR of subjects randomized to treatment with tivozanib in combination with nivolumab compared to tivozanib. ORR is defined as the proportion of subjects with confirmed complete response or confirmed partial response according to RECIST relative to the total population of randomized subjects.
- Duration of Response [ Time Frame: From Screening (Days -28 to -1) until PD or death (Approximately 30 months) ]Comparison of DoR of subjects randomized to treatment with tivozanib in combination with nivolumab compared to tivozanib. DoR is defined as the time from the first documentation of objective tumor response to the first documentation of objective tumor progression or to death due to any cause.
- Number of subjects with serious and non-serious adverse events [ Time Frame: From Screening (Day -28 to Day -1) to Follow-up visit (30 days after last dose of study drug ± 7 days) ]Assessment of the safety and tolerability of tivozanib in combination with nivolumab compared to tivozanib.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT04987203
|Contact: AVEO Clinical Trials Office||(857) email@example.com|