Effects of Respiratory Rehabilitation on ICU Patients
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04368286|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : April 29, 2020
Last Update Posted : October 22, 2020
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|ICU Acquired Weakness Rehabilitation||Behavioral: pulmonary rehabilitation||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||53 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Official Title:||Effects of Respiratory Rehabilitation on Patients After Extubation|
|Actual Study Start Date :||May 1, 2020|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||October 10, 2020|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||October 10, 2020|
Experimental: Rehabilitation group
To conduct a comprehensive pulmonary rehabilitation assessment and treatment
Behavioral: pulmonary rehabilitation
Pulmonary rehabilitation (respiratory rehabilitation) is a comprehensive intervention based on a comprehensive patient assessment, targeted to the treatment of patients, including but not limited to exercise training, education and behavior change, aimed at improving the physical and mental health of patients with chronic respiratory diseases and promoting long-term adherence to health-enhancing behaviors.
No Intervention: Conventional medical group
Conventional medical treatment
- Reintubation rates [ Time Frame: 28 days ]The artificial airway was established again for invasive mechanical ventilation
- MRC，medical research council [ Time Frame: 28 days ]medical research council，Assessment of peripheral muscle strength，total points0~60，less than 48scores means ICU aquired weaknesses.
- 30-STS [ Time Frame: 28 days ]30 second sit-to-stand test.The more times, has the better muscular endurance.
- Barthel [ Time Frame: 28 days ]Assessment of activities of daily living.total points0~100，less than 60 scores means can't independent living.
- Borg dyspnea score [ Time Frame: 28 days ]total points0~10,The higher the grade, the more difficulty breathing.
- oxygen partial pressure [ Time Frame: 28 days ]Partial pressure of oxygen in arterial blood,normal range is 80~100.
- oxygenation index [ Time Frame: 28 days ]The partial pressure of oxygen divided by the concentration of oxygen,Normal is greater than 400.
- The diaphragmatic excursion [ Time Frame: 28 days ]The distance the diaphragm moves up and down during breathing,normal is 1.4cm.
- diaphragm contraction rate [ Time Frame: 28 days ]The rate at which the diaphragm contracts during breathing,normal is 1.3cm/s.
- diaphragm thickness diaphragm thickness fraction [ Time Frame: 28 days ]Thickness of diaphragm during breathing,(Diaphragm thickness at the end of inhalation-Diaphragm thickness at the end of exhalation)/Diaphragm thickness at the end of exhalation
- length of stay in ICU [ Time Frame: three months ]Length of stay in ICU
- LOS(length of stay) [ Time Frame: three months ]length of stay in hospital
- First time out of bed [ Time Frame: three months ]First time out of bed by oneself
- Noninvasive utilization rate [ Time Frame: 28 days ]Non-invasive ventilator usage
- mortality [ Time Frame: 28 days ]Alive or Dead
- Complication rate [ Time Frame: 28 days ]The incidence of new complications(pressure sores、thrombus、aspiration)
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT04368286
|Chinese PLA General Hospital|
|Principal Investigator:||xin li xie, Ph.D.||Study Principal Investigator Chinese PLA General Hospital|