Telangiectatic Palmoplantar Keratoderma in Systemic and Subacute Lupus Erythematosus
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04356014|
Recruitment Status : Active, not recruiting
First Posted : April 21, 2020
Last Update Posted : April 21, 2020
|Condition or disease|
|Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Lichen Planus|
Context: Palmoplantar keratoderma (PPK) associated to livid telangiectatic erythema during systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is a rare phenomenon seldom reported in literature. To our knowledge no case has been described in subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE) so far. Pathogeny and etiologic origin are not clear: it could be no-specific cutaneous manifestation of SLE, verrucous chilblain lupus, lichen planus, discoid lupus erythematosus lesions, overlap syndrome or coexistence of both diseases.
- Determine clinical immunological and histopathological features of patients with PPK and livid telangiectatic erythema-associated suffering from SLE and SCLE
- Describe the different therapeutics used and efficacy assessment Methods: Multicentric retrospective descriptive study reporting 14 patients with SLE or SCLE suffering from an acral livid erythematosus keratoderma, with clinical data regarding lupus erythematosus and acral keratoderma, immunological blood samples findings and histopathological results of keratoderma and livid erythema biopsies with direct immunofluorescence if performed. The treatments set down in order to heal are noted followed by efficacy assessment: total failure, partial remission, complete remission.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||14 participants|
|Official Title:||Telangiectatic Palmoplantar Keratoderma in Systemic and Subacute Lupus Erythematosus : to a Form of Lichen Planus-like Lupus Erythematosus ?|
|Actual Study Start Date :||April 1, 2020|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||November 30, 2020|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 30, 2020|
- Determine clinic immunologic features [ Time Frame: 1 day ]Determine clinic immunologic features of patients with PPK and livid telangiectatic erythema-associated suffering from SLE and SCLE.
- Determine clinic histopathologic features [ Time Frame: 1 day ]Epidemiologic clinic immunologic histopathologic data
- Different therapeutics used [ Time Frame: 1 day ]Describe the different therapeutics used. Report of the drug therapy used to heal acral keratoderma for each patient
- Different therapeutics efficacy assessment [ Time Frame: 1 day ]Efficacy assessment of the treatments: total failure, partial remission, complete remission
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT04356014
|Montpellier, France, 34295|
|Study Director:||Didier BESSIS, PhD||University Hospitals of Montpellier|