An Observational Registry of Chinese COPD Study (ORCHIDS)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04318912|
Recruitment Status : Not yet recruiting
First Posted : March 24, 2020
Last Update Posted : March 24, 2020
|Condition or disease|
|Study Type :||Observational [Patient Registry]|
|Estimated Enrollment :||5000 participants|
|Target Follow-Up Duration:||10 Years|
|Official Title:||An Observational Registry Study for Management of COPD Patients in China|
|Estimated Study Start Date :||May 1, 2020|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||May 1, 2022|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||May 1, 2030|
Adults age 40 or older with a diagnosis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) having been prescribed any COPD treatment (initial or subsequent) outside of a clinical trial.
- Characterize COPD Disease Severity in Clinical Practice [ Time Frame: 2 years ]Pulmonary Function Test measured by protable spirometer can represent the severity stages of COPD
- Characterize COPD Disease Activity in Clinical Practice [ Time Frame: 2 years ]Acute exacerbation of symptoms can reflect the disease activity and disease control of COPD.
- Evaluate Medical Expenditure in Clinical Practice [ Time Frame: 2 years ]Medical expenditure for patients include inpatient cost, outpatient cost and emergency room cost.
- Evaluate Patient Reported Outcome [ Time Frame: 2 years ]COPD Assessment Test (CAT) is an 8-item, self-reported scale which can represent symptom and health status for COPD patients.
- Evaluate Health Related Quality of Life [ Time Frame: 2 years ]Euroqol-5 Dimension Questionnaire (EQ-5D) is an 5-item, self-reported scale which can measure health related quality of life.
- Evaluate Digital Health Technology Outcome [ Time Frame: 2 years ]Real-time monitoring of oxygen saturation (SpO2) is an objective manifestation of dyspnea.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT04318912
|Contact: Ting Yangfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Shiyi Gongemail@example.com|
|Study Director:||Chen Wang||China-Japan Friendship Hospital|