Gastroenterology & Work Related Injuries
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04216212|
Recruitment Status : Active, not recruiting
First Posted : January 2, 2020
Last Update Posted : January 2, 2020
2.2.1. Primary Outcome(s)
• Percentage of gastroenterology fellows who have received any formal training in the ergonomics of endoscopy and how to prevent long term work related injuries.
2.2.2. Secondary Outcome(s)
- How much formal training given in multiple choice format fellows received in the ergonomics of endoscopy and how to prevent work related injuries.
- Number of perceived work related injuries fellows sustained.
- Types of perceived work related injuries fellows sustained.
- If fellow perceived work related injuries whether they felt it negatively affected their ability to perform their duties as a gastroenterology fellow.
|Condition or disease|
|Gastroenterology & Work Related Injuries|
This is a self-report survey utilizing a voluntary, non-probability sampling design. The survey instrument will be created in Google Survey© consisting of yes/no, multiple choice and free text response questions. This survey instrument questions have been developed empirically by the investigators.
It will be distributed to all gastroenterology fellowship coordinators through an email listserv maintained by programs nationwide for the purpose of communicating with their trainees. The email will include instructions to share the survey link (Appendix 2) with all first/second/third year as well as all advanced gastroenterology fellow s in their programs. The survey will be disseminated over a 2 week period. The fellowship coordinator will receive three separate emails. The first email (Appendix 2) will be on opening day of the survey requesting them to forward the link to their fellows. The second email (Appendix 3) will be sent on day 8 of the study period serving as a reminder to participate in the survey with link once again attached. The final email (Appendix 4) will be distributed on day 14 of the study period serving as a final reminder for fellows to complete the survey if they have not already and that the survey will close at midnight. The link will have both the informed consent form and the survey. Participants must press a key indicating agreement to get past the consent to the survey. The survey will take less than 2 minutes to complete electronically. This will be an anonymous survey and will be distributed via a secure online platform.
The results will be compiled using Google Survey© software. No personal identifying information will be included.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||100 participants|
|Official Title:||Is the Future of Gastroenterology Being Adequately Prepared to Prevent Work Related Injuries and Allow for a Long Healthy Career? Question Answered.|
|Actual Study Start Date :||January 8, 2019|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||January 8, 2021|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||January 8, 2021|
- Training on ergonomics of endoscopy [ Time Frame: 14 days ]• Percentage of gastroenterology fellows who have received any formal training in the ergonomics of endoscopy and how to prevent long term work related injuries.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT04216212
|United States, Texas|
|Methodist Dallas Medical Center|
|Dallas, Texas, United States, 75203|
|Principal Investigator:||Cassandra Craig, M.D.||Methodist Dallas Medical Center|