the National Colorectal Cancer Cohort (NCRCC) Study: National Colorectal Cancer Research Consortium
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04074538|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : August 30, 2019
Last Update Posted : August 30, 2019
|Condition or disease|
NCRCC study is a large-scale multicenter study which includes 16 hospitals and research centers, establishing a national cohort which consists of two subcohorts (CRC Screening Cohort and Colorectal Cancer Patient Cohort).
- To assess risk factors for colorectal cancer and evaluate risk prediction model of colorectal cancer to identify the high-risk population.
- To discover, test and validate new biological markers (e.g. genetic, epigenetic, transcriptomic, metabolomics, proteomic and metagenomics biomarkers) for early diagnosis, prediction of clinical outcomes (e.g. therapeutic response, toxicity, surgical complications) and survivorship endpoints (e.g. recurrence, survival, quality of life, second primary cancer).
- To estimate associations of epidemiological determinants (e.g. medication and supplement use, diet, lifestyle pattern) with clinical outcomes and survivorship endpoints among CRC patients.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||55000 participants|
|Official Title:||The National Colorectal Cancer Cohort Study-Precision Medical Research in Colorectal Cancer|
|Actual Study Start Date :||January 1, 2013|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 2035|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2035|
- colorectal cancer incidence [ Time Frame: up to 15 years ]
- Disease-free and overall survival [ Time Frame: up to 10 years ]
- Recurrence/metastasis [ Time Frame: up to 5 years ]
- Adenoma or advanced adenoma incidence [ Time Frame: up to 1 year ]
- Prevalence of treatment-related toxicities characterized by the Common Toxicity Criteria for Adverse Events (CTCAE) [ Time Frame: up to 5 years ]
- Second primary cancer incidence [ Time Frame: up to 15 years ]
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT04074538
|Contact: Ke-feng Ding, PhD/MDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Second Affiliated Hospital Zhejiang University College of Medicine||Recruiting|
|Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China, 310999|
|Contact: Ke-Feng Ding, PhD/MD 86-571-87784827 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: Ke-Feng Ding, PhD/MD|
|Cancer Institute and Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences||Recruiting|
|Contact: Zheng Zhaoxu|
|West China Hospital||Recruiting|
|Contact: Wang Ziqiang|
|Sun Yat-sen University||Recruiting|
|Contact: Pan Zhizhong|
|Shanghai Zhongshan Hospital||Recruiting|
|Contact: Wei Ye|