Prognostic Impact of Surgical Resection Extent for Supratentorial High Grade Gliomas.
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03997136|
Recruitment Status : Not yet recruiting
First Posted : June 25, 2019
Last Update Posted : August 7, 2019
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Supratentorial Glioblastoma||Procedure: Supratentorial high grade gliomas resection.|
Supratentorial high grade gliomas are for surgical resection in any case according to many factors.
Investigators will compare the outcomes/survival rate and clinical outcome of the different resection types (Total, near total, subtotal/debulking) of supratentorial high grade gliomas according to the clinical condition and comorbidities of the patient, the location and morphology of the lesion, the grading of lesions, and the clinical experience of the neurosurgeon.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||28 participants|
|Official Title:||Prognostic Impact of Surgical Resection Extent for Supratentorial High Grade Gliomas.|
|Estimated Study Start Date :||September 1, 2019|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||April 1, 2021|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||July 1, 2021|
- Procedure: Supratentorial high grade gliomas resection.
Total, near total or subtotal/debulking resection of the brain supratentorial high grade gliomas
- Clinical picture using Modified Rankin's Scale (mRS). [ Time Frame: 1 year ]
The changes in clinical condition of the patients will be assessed using Modified Rankin's Scale (mRS) before and after treatment.
The scale runs from 0-6, running from perfect health without symptoms to death. 0 - No symptoms.
- - No significant disability. Able to carry out all usual activities, despite some symptoms.
- - Slight disability. Able to look after own affairs without assistance, but unable to carry out all previous activities.
- - Moderate disability. Requires some help, but able to walk unassisted.
- - Moderately severe disability. Unable to attend to own bodily needs without assistance, and unable to walk unassisted.
- - Severe disability. Requires constant nursing care and attention, bedridden, incontinent.
- - Dead.
- Recurrence or increased residual [ Time Frame: within 3 months after treatment ]Recurrence of the tumor
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03997136
|Contact: Amr Badary||00201023310102 ext email@example.com|
|Contact: Abdelhakeem Abdelhakeem||00201023310102 ext firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Study Director:||Mahmoud Ragab||Assiut University|