Antihypertensives in Non-cardiac Surgical Population
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03953872|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : May 17, 2019
Last Update Posted : May 17, 2019
|Condition or disease|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||351 participants|
|Official Title:||Current Status of Antihypertensive Drug Treatment in Non-cardiac Surgical Population|
|Actual Study Start Date :||November 23, 2018|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||April 1, 2019|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||April 1, 2019|
Group of angiotensin receptor blockers(ARB) monotherapy users. A subject was considered as an ARB user when the total prescription days of ARB monotherapy was at least 30.
combination of CCB and ARB
Group of calcium channel blockers(CCB) and angiotensin receptor blockers(ARB) combination users. A subject was considered as a CCB and ARB combination user when the total prescription days of CCB and ARB combination therapy was at least 30.
Group of calcium channel blockers(CCB) monotherapy users. A subject was considered as a CCB user when the total prescription days of CCB monotherapy was at least 30.
Group of nonusers of antihypertensives. A subject was considered as a nonuser never received regular antihypertensive treatment or total prescription days of antihypertensives was less than 30.
- perioperative blood press(BP) [ Time Frame: from the moment on arrival to the operating room until the moment leaving PACU, assessed up to 240 minutes. ]baseline BP before the operation, when entering and exiting post-anesthesia care unit(PACU)
- pH, base excess, and concentration of HCO3- in blood gases [ Time Frame: 5 minutes after extubating in PACU ]arterial blood gases detected by using the ABL800 (Radiometer Med Aps Ltd, Copenhagen, Denmark)
- the incidence of hypotension in PACU [ Time Frame: from the moment on arrival to PACU until 60 minutes after arriving or the moment leaving PACU, whichever came first, assessed up to 240 minutes. ]If there were more than two consecutive episodes of hypotension (which was defined as SBP less than 80% of baseline) a "rescue" intravenous bolus of 100 mg of phenylephrine was given.
- the incidence of hypertension in PACU [ Time Frame: from the moment on arrival to PACU until 60 minutes after arriving or the moment leaving PACU, whichever came first, assessed up to 240 minutes. ]the incidence of hypertension, which was defined as SBP greater than 120% of baseline
- hospitalization days [ Time Frame: from the date of admission until the date of discharge or date of death from any cause, whichever came first, assessed up to 100 days ]The duration of this single episode of hospitalization
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03953872
|Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, School of Medicine|
|Shanghai, Shanghai, China, 200127|
|Study Chair:||Jie Chen, M.S.||Renji Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, China|