Measuring Soft Tissue Thickness by CBCT
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03932357|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : April 30, 2019
Last Update Posted : April 30, 2019
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Cone Beam Computed Tomography||Radiation: CBCT|
- Pig jaws will be included in this study.
- Soft tissue surfaces were lightly covered with barium sulfate powder using a powder spray. CBCT was taken.
- A periodontal probe and a rubber stop were used for the measurement of trans-gingival probing thickness (TPT).
- After that, flap were elevated, and actual thickness of soft-tissue (actual thickness, AT) was measured.
The Analytical phase:
- In order to assess soft tissue thickness and bone levels an electronic digital caliper (Shenhan Measuring Tools Co., LTD, Shanghai) will used for measuring the transgingival probing thickness on the pig jaws.
- A graduated Naber's probe will be used for measuring the transgingival probing thickness.
Soft tissue thickness measurements:
- Intra-observer variability was tested under the supervision of the director.
- For the measurement of radiographic thickness (RT), wet soft tissue surfaces were covered with barium sulfate powder (SoloTop; Taejoon, Seoul, Korea), a radiopaque material used as a contrast medium.
- A probes and rubber stop were used for the measurement of transgingival probing thickness (TPT).
- A rubber stop was placed in contact with the surface to facilitate the measurement of tissue thickness, and then TPT was measured with digital calipers. All measurements were rounded to the nearest 0.01 mm.
- For the measurement of actual thickness (AT), an incision was made onto each marked area. After ﬂap elevation, actual soft tissue thickness was measured using the same method that was used for TPT.
- The pig jaws will then be imaged with CBCT.
- CBCT scanning will be performed using a PROMAX R 3DMid CBCT device (Planmeca Oy, Helsinki, Finland) with scanning protocol 90 kVp, 8 mA and 13.58 seconds exposure time with a single 360 degree rotation ROMEXIS software. The jawes will be placed on the horizontal plate of the device. The midline and mandibular position will be adjusted using the laser guide
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||15 participants|
|Official Title:||Diagnostic Accuracy of Cone Beam Computed Tomography in Measuring Soft Tissue Thickness Using a Radiopque Material :an in Viteo Study|
|Actual Study Start Date :||April 20, 2019|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 16, 2019|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||May 9, 2020|
- Radiation: CBCT
measuring soft tissue thickness using a CBCT
- cbct [ Time Frame: 6 months ]measuring soft tissue thickness using cbct in pig jaw
- Acutal thickness measurement [ Time Frame: 6 months ]
periodontal probe was inserted vertically into the soft tissue surface until resistance of the bone was felt
. A rubber stop was placed in contact with the surface to facilitate the measurement of tissue thickness.actual thickness was measured with digital calipers
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03932357
|Contact: mahinaz R abdelhamed, master||01005610622 ext firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: mohamed A abas, master||01004100946 ext email@example.com|
|Mahinaz Reda Hassan||Recruiting|
|Cairo, Giza-elharam, Egypt, 11211|
|Contact: Mahinaz R Abdelhamed, master 01005610622 ext 02 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Mohamed A abas, master 01004100946 ext 02 email@example.com|