Needs Assessment After Cancer in Patients Treated for Breast Cancer (EACE)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03902964|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : April 4, 2019
Last Update Posted : April 4, 2019
|Condition or disease|
|Breast Neoplasm Female Quality of Life Fear Cancer|
observational monocentric study
Primary objective :
Describe post-cancer supportive care needs, assessed by questionnaire in patients treated for breast cancer after completion of treatment and 2 years later.
Secondary objective :
- Correlation between needs after cancer and the fear of recidivism assessed by the scale of the inventory of fear.
- Compare the need for supportive care between the end of treatment and 2 years after.
- Assess needs after cancer according to the stage of the disease
- Evaluate the needs after cancer according to the treatments received: surgery-radiotherapy versus surgery-chemotherapy-radiotherapy.
- Assess needs after cancer according to age and socio-professional category.
The selected patients then received a letter including an information and non-objection note, the post-cancer needs questionnaire, the Fear Inventory severity subscale questionnaire, and the QLQ-C30 questionnaire. A delay of 1 month was chosen to return the questionnaire with a phone call after 15 days for an analysis of responses in February 2019.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||139 participants|
|Official Title:||Needs Assessment After Cancer in Patients Treated for Breast Cancer|
|Actual Study Start Date :||December 1, 2018|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||February 1, 2019|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||February 1, 2019|
women treated for breast cancer in 2017 (cohort A)
all patients who completed breast cancer treatment between January 1 and May 31, 2017. Withdrawal of men, metastatic patients from the outset, patients with a history of breast cancer or any other location, selection of 20 patients with breast cancer in situ at random
women treated for breast cancer in 2015 (cohorte B)
all patients who completed breast cancer treatment between January 1 and 31 May 2015. Withdrawal of men, metastatic patients from the outset, patients with a history of breast cancer or any other location, selection of 20 patients with breast cancer in situ at random
- Post-cancer needs analysis [ Time Frame: 2 years ]Post-cancer needs analysis based on the "post-cancer needs assessment" questionnaire for patients in both cohorts
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03902964
|Institut Jean Godinot|
|Reims, France, 51100|
|Principal Investigator:||stephanie SERVAGI VERNAT, MD||Institut Jean-Godinot|