Relationship of de Ankle ROM With Balance and Falls in Older Adults (ANKLE_JOINT)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03898999|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : April 2, 2019
Last Update Posted : December 9, 2019
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Aging Problems||Other: Overall status|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||87 participants|
|Official Title:||Relationship of the Ankle ROM With Balance and Falls in Older Adults: Observational Study|
|Actual Study Start Date :||April 1, 2019|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||May 1, 2019|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||September 1, 2019|
Individuals belonging to the population group of the elderly (60 years or more)
Other: Overall status
An assessment is made of the participants measuring both the joint range of the ankle and the balance and risk of falls.
- Lunge Test (°) [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Measure of weight-bearing ankle dorsiflexion with an inclinometer.
- Active Ankle Range of Movement [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Measure of the active range of movement of the ankle with a telescopic goniometer.
- Pressure Platform - Open Eyes [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Measure static balance. Quantitative assess of area and speed of swing, with open eyes.
- Pressure Platform - Closed Eyes [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Measure static balance. Quantitative assess of area and speed of swing, with closed eyes.
- One Leg Balance [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Measure balance ability to maintain in monopodal stance, towards registering time.
- Timed "Up and Go" Test [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Measures the functional mobility and dynamic balance, through a circuit where the subject will have to get up, walk and sit down.
- Functional Reach [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Measure the limits of stability, calculating the distance that can move the center of gravity forward without falling.
- Falls Efficacy Scale-International [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Is a scale that, through 16 items, describes the concern that a subject has to suffer a fall.
- Register of falls [ Time Frame: Baseline ]The number of falls that the subject has suffered in the last year is collected.
- Ankle plantar flexion strength [ Time Frame: Baseline ]The plantar flexion strength is measured by means of a dynamometer, is related with the risk of falls.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03898999
|Universidad de Valencia|
|Valencia, Spain, 46010|
|Principal Investigator:||David Hernández-Guillén, PT||University of Valencia|
|Study Director:||Jose M Blasco, PhD, PT||University of Valencia|