Relationship of de Ankle ROM With Balance and Falls in Older Adults (ANKLE_JOINT)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03898999|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : April 2, 2019
Last Update Posted : May 14, 2019
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Aging Problems||Other: Overall status|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||80 participants|
|Official Title:||Relationship of the Ankle ROM With Balance and Falls in Older Adults: Observational Study|
|Actual Study Start Date :||April 1, 2019|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||May 1, 2019|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||September 1, 2019|
Individuals belonging to the population group of the elderly (60 years or more)
Other: Overall status
An assessment is made of the participants measuring both the joint range of the ankle and the balance and risk of falls.
- Lunge Test (°) [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Measure of weight-bearing ankle dorsiflexion with an inclinometer.
- Active Ankle Range of Movement [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Measure of the active range of movement of the ankle with a telescopic goniometer.
- Pressure Platform - Open Eyes [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Measure static balance. Quantitative assess of area and speed of swing, with open eyes.
- Pressure Platform - Closed Eyes [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Measure static balance. Quantitative assess of area and speed of swing, with closed eyes.
- One Leg Balance [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Measure balance ability to maintain in monopodal stance, towards registering time.
- Timed "Up and Go" Test [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Measures the functional mobility and dynamic balance, through a circuit where the subject will have to get up, walk and sit down.
- Functional Reach [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Measure the limits of stability, calculating the distance that can move the center of gravity forward without falling.
- Falls Efficacy Scale-International [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Is a scale that, through 16 items, describes the concern that a subject has to suffer a fall.
- Register of falls [ Time Frame: Baseline ]The number of falls that the subject has suffered in the last year is collected.
- Ankle plantar flexion strength [ Time Frame: Baseline ]The plantar flexion strength is measured by means of a dynamometer, is related with the risk of falls.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03898999
|Contact: David Hernández-Guillén, PTfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Jose M Blasco, PhD, PTemail@example.com|
|Universidad de Valencia||Recruiting|
|Valencia, Spain, 46010|
|Contact: David Hernández-Guillén, PT +34963864100 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Jose M Blasco, PhG +34963864100 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator:||David Hernández-Guillén, PT||University of Valencia|
|Study Director:||Jose M Blasco, PhD, PT||University of Valencia|