Comparison of Subjective Balance Tests
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03884088|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : March 21, 2019
Last Update Posted : January 12, 2021
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Balance Posture||Other: Limits of Stability||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||100 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Comparison of Sensitivity of the Subjective Balance Tests|
|Actual Study Start Date :||April 1, 2019|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||April 1, 2021|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||June 1, 2021|
Experimental: Experimental Group: Balance analysis
Balance will be assessed by Computerized Balance system and subjective balance tests.
Other: Limits of Stability
Balance analysis is assessment method to estimate fall of risk and deterioration of postural control.
- Limits of Stability [ Time Frame: 15 minutes ]Limits of stability test evaluates dynamic balance of participants. Computerized balance system measured limits of stability for forward, backward, right and left side movements. It calculates the maximum distance a person can lean without losing balance. The unit of measure is centimeters. The higher value is indicated the better balance
- Postural Sway [ Time Frame: 15 minutes ]Postural sway in centimeters by computerized balance system
- Timed up and go test [ Time Frame: 15 minutes ]Timed up and go test evaluates dynamic balance of participants. The timed up and go test measures the time that a patient needs to stand up from a chair, walk a 3-m distance, come back and sit back on the chair.Timed up and go test measure is second. The lower values indicates the better balance
- Functional reach test [ Time Frame: 15 minutes ]Functional reach test evaluates dynamic balance by measuring the limits while the patient reaches forwards as far as possible. The test measure is centimeters. A higher score indicates better dynamic balance.
- One-leg stance test [ Time Frame: 15 minutes ]One-leg stance test evaluates static balance of the participants. Participants would ask to maintain their static balance by standing one-lag stance. The test measure is second. A higher score indicated better static balance
- Romberg test [ Time Frame: 15 minutes ]Romberg test is used to evaluate static balance. Participants would ask to maintain their balance with their feet together (touching each other). The test measure is second. Higher score indicated better balance.
- Berg balance scale [ Time Frame: 15 minutes ]Berg balance scale is used for functional balance. participants are asked to perform 14 tasks frequently used in daily life activities. The highest possible score is 56 points. A higher score indicates better balance.
- Balance scale [ Time Frame: 15 minutes ]Balance scale which is developed by Tinetti is used to evaluate functional balance. This test has a gait score and a balance score. It uses a 3-point ordinal scale of 0, 1 and 2. Gait is scored over 12 and balance is scored over 16 totalling 28. The lower the score on the scale, the higher the risk of falling.
- Y balance test [ Time Frame: 15 minutes ]Y balance test is used to evaluate dynamic balance. The Y balance test has the patient stand on one leg while reaching out in 3 different directions with the other lower extremity. They are anterior, posteromedial and posterolateral. The test measures in centimeters. The higher score indicates better balance
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03884088
|Ankara, Turkey, 06100|
|Contact: Ozden Ozkal firstname.lastname@example.org|