Study of the Utility of the BOMET-QOL Questionnaire Patients With Breast Cancer and Bone Metastasis (MAbomet)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03847220|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : February 20, 2019
Last Update Posted : February 25, 2019
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Breast Carcinoma Metastatic to the Bone||Diagnostic Test: BOMET-QoL questionnaire|
Population: Patients over 18 with breast cancer and bone metastasis.
- Patient over 18 years of age.
- Patient diagnosed with breast cancer (BC) and bone metastases (BM).
- Patient who has granted informed consent in writing to participate in the study.
- Patient capable of understanding and completing the questionnaires.
- Patient with another type of disease that, in the investigator's opinion, could mask the study results.
- Patients with a life expectancy of less than 8 months.
- Patient who is participating in a clinical trial with an unregistered drug at the start of the study.
|Study Type :||Observational [Patient Registry]|
|Actual Enrollment :||241 participants|
|Target Follow-Up Duration:||12 Months|
|Official Title:||Prospective Study of the Utility of the BOMET-QOL Questionnaire Patients With Breast Cancer and Bone Metastasis|
|Actual Study Start Date :||October 23, 2007|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||May 20, 2010|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||July 7, 2012|
- Diagnostic Test: BOMET-QoL questionnaire
study to evaluate the utility of the BOMET-QoL questionnaire in patients with BC and BM
- Impact on the HRQoL [ Time Frame: Up to 24 months ]Impact on the HRQoL of patients with BC and BM will be measured by the BOMET-QoL questionnaire in the context of normal clinical practice. The questionnaire will be administered to patients in each study visit from baseline visit to the final visit at 24 months. The score of the questionnaire will be measured as: Score: 0 - Always, 1 - Nearly always, 2 - Sometimes, 3 - Rarely, 4 - Never, were never is the best option and always means patient has a bad health condition.
- Measurement properties of the BOMET-QoL questionnaire: validity [ Time Frame: Up to 24 months ]Its cross-sectional validity will be evaluated by analysing the relationship between the BOMET-QoL scores and different clinical variables (presence of Skeleton-Related Event (SREs), symptoms and Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) index). The relationship between the pain VAS score and the question about state of health perceived by patient with HRQoL according to BOMET-QoL will be analysed.
- Measurement properties of the BOMET-QoL questionnaire: feasibility [ Time Frame: Up to 24 months ]BOMET-QoL will be considered rapidly completed if patients complete questionnaire in less than 10 minutes.
- Measurement properties of the BOMET-QoL questionnaire: sensitivity to change [ Time Frame: Up to 24 months ]Sensitivity to change can be evaluated by calculating the effect size or the Minimum Clinically Important Difference, as statistics based on effect size provide direct information about the magnitude of the change, expressed as a variation, also used to calculate the Minimum Clinically Important Difference.
- Impact of skeletal-related events (SREs) on HRQoL (BOMET-QoL scores) [ Time Frame: Up to 24 months ]The impact of skeletal-related events (SREs) on HRQoL (BOMET-QoL scores) will be measured by comparing patients who presented SREs with patients with without SREs.
- Relation between Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) and HRQoL (BOMET-QoL scores). [ Time Frame: Up to 24 months ]ECOG: This scale consists of 5 levels (0 = No restrictions to carry out the activities normal, 1 = Restrictions to perform vigorous physical activities. It has the capacity to perform ambulation and light work, 2 = Ability to ambulate and perform personal care but not able to work. Capacity for standing and walking for> 50% of waking hours, 3 = Able to perform care limited personal; Incarcerated or restrained to be in a chair for> 50% of the hours of vigil, 4 = complete disability; he can not perform any personal care; it remains in bed or in a chair all the time, 5 = Death). In it the observer assesses the state of symptoms and the level of functioning in relation to ambulatory status and need for care. Patients with an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) functional scale between 0-1 will obtain a higher score (better HRQoL) in the BOMET-QoL questionnaire.
- Correlation between visual analogue scale (VAS) score of pain and HRQoL (BOMET-QoL scores). [ Time Frame: Up to 24 months ]At the baseline visit, patients who obtain higher scores on the Analogue Visual Pain Scale will obtain a lower score (worse HRQOL) in the BOMET-QoL questionnaire. Correlation between the BOMET-QoL scores and the pain VAS scores regarding whether it improves, stays the same or gets worse between the different study visits. VAS: 0 no pain - 10 unbearable pain
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03847220
|Hospital Universitario Virgen Del Rocío|
|Sevilla, Andalucia, Spain, 41013|
|Hospital General de Guadalajara|
|Guadalajara, Castilla-La Mancha, Spain, 19002|
|ICO Badalona Hospital Universitari Germans Trias I Pujol|
|Badalona, Cataluña, Spain, 08916|
|Hospital Universitari Clinic I Provincial|
|Barcelona, Cataluña, Spain, 08036|
|Hospital Santa Creu I Sant Pau|
|Barcelona, Cataluña, Spain, 08041|
|Hospital Mutua de Terrassa|
|Barcelona, Cataluña, Spain, 08221|
|ICO Girona Hospital Dr. Josep Trueta|
|Gerona, Cataluña, Spain, 17007|
|Hospital Universitari Arnau de Vilanova|
|Lleida, Cataluña, Spain, 25198|
|Fundació Althaia, Xarxa Assistencial de Manresa|
|Manresa, Cataluña, Spain, 08243|
|Hospital General Universitario de Alicante|
|Alicante, Cominidad Valenciana, Spain, 03010|
|Hospital Clínico Universitario de Valencia|
|Valencia, Comunidad Valenciana, Spain, 46010|
|Complejo Hospitalario Universitario A Coruña|
|A Coruña, Galicia, Spain, 15006|
|Centro Oncologico de Galicia|
|A Coruña, Galicia, Spain, 15009|
|Complejo Hospitalario de Pontevedra|
|Pontevedra, Galicia, Spain, 36164|
|Hospital de Barbastro|
|Barbastro, Huesca, Spain, 22300|
|Study Director:||Study Director||Hospital Santa Creu I Sant Pau|