Clinical Effectiveness of Diode Laser as an Adjunct in the Treatment of Periodontitis
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03716154|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : October 23, 2018
Last Update Posted : October 23, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Periodontitis||Radiation: Diode laser||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||28 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Intervention Model Description:||split mouth|
|Official Title:||Clinical Effectiveness of Diode Laser as an Adjunct in the Treatment of Periodontitis|
|Actual Study Start Date :||April 1, 2017|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||December 1, 2017|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||April 30, 2018|
Experimental: SRP and diode laser
In a split mouth design either left or right sites randomly treated by SRP and diode laser as an adjunct
Radiation: Diode laser
Diode laser 810nm, 2W, 20sec, 20 HZ
No Intervention: SRP alone
The other sites in the other side will be treated by SRP alone
- Probing depth (PD) in millimeter (mm), clinical attachment loss (CAL) in millimeter (mm) [ Time Frame: Change from baseline to 1 month in PD and CAL, change from baseline to 3 month in PD and CAL ,change from baseline to 6 month in PD and CAL ]PD its the distance from gingival margin to the base of the pocket in millimeter (mm) CAL the recession is added to the PD in millimeter (mm)
- GI index score ,PI index score [ Time Frame: Change from baseline in GI and PI at 1 month, change from baseline in GI and PI at 3 month, Change from baseline in GI and PI at 6 month ]
GI index score:
0 = normal gingiva (pink, scalloped margin, pin pointed papilla, thin buccal and lingual margin);
- = mild inflammation (slight changes in color, slight edema, no bleeding on probing);
- = moderate inflammation (redness, edema, bleeding on probing)
- = severe inflammation (marked redness, edema, ulceration, spontaneous bleeding).
PI index score:
0 = no plaque in the gingival area
- = a film of plaque adhering to the gingival margin and adjacent area of the tooth. The plaque may be only recognized by running a probe across the tooth surface.
- = moderate accumulation of soft debris within the gingival pocket on the gingival and/or on the tooth surface, which can be seen by naked eye.
- = abundance of soft matter within the gingival pocket and /or on the gingival margin and adjacent tooth surface.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03716154
|Study Director:||rola A alhabashneh, prof||Jordan University of Science and Technology|