Severe Anorexia Nervosa Personal Recovery (ANAPR)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03712384|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : October 19, 2018
Last Update Posted : February 15, 2019
A growing qualitative literature about personal recovery process in mental disorders emerges. However in Anorexia Nervosa (AN), it remains few understood, especially in severe AN during adolescence.
This pilot study seeks to enhance understanding of recovery from AN in France and support the dissemination of the PR paradigm among the French mental health community working with AN, as a complement to the medical approach.
A qualitative research according to Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis (IPA) method was conducted .Five young women hospitalized ten years before for a severe AN during their adolescence were interviewed with a semi-structured face-to-face interview on recovery process.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Anorexia Nervosa Eating Disorder||Other: Semi structured face to face interview|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||5 participants|
|Official Title:||Personal Recovery of Young Adults With Severe Anorexia Nervosa During Adolescence: a Pilot Qualitative Study|
|Actual Study Start Date :||June 20, 2014|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||July 5, 2014|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||July 5, 2014|
Young adult with severe anorexia
Young adult with severe Anorexia hospitalized during adolescence at Institut Mutualiste Montsouris
Other: Semi structured face to face interview
Face-to-face semi-structured interview conducted in the hospital, where young adults were hospitalized 10 years before, in a quiet and isolated office. The topic guide was built according to literature review, without further change after pilot test. Interviews where audio-recorded and transcribed
- Recovery process of AN [ Time Frame: Semi structured face to face interview, 10 years after hospitalization for AN. ]
Initial interview topic guide domain
- How have you spent your life for the first hospitalization for AN?
- What are the factors that help or prevent from going ahead?
- All this way long, how did feel talking about yourself?
- How did evolve your relationships?
- How have you felt your body all this way long?
- How do you define recovery of AN during adolescence?
- How would you define yourself?
- What kind of stories do you tell yourself about AN?
- If you would be faced with someone with current AN, what would you advice him/her?
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03712384
|Institut mutualiste montsouris|
|Paris, France, 75014|
|Principal Investigator:||Marie-Aude PIOT||Institut Mutualiste Montsouris|