Preparation of Complementary Feeding in Spain: a Cross-sectional Study
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03675607|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 18, 2018
Last Update Posted : September 18, 2018
Study design: Cross-sectional study, survey based
Study population: spanish people, caregivers of infants under 2 years old. Sample size: 1925 surveys.
Study duration and research process: 10 days on-line survey that will be opened through a launching page. The survey is composed of 3 blocks.
Statistical analysis: data will be analyzed using the Statistical Analysis System (SAS) package version 9.4 (or higher). The categorical variables will be presented in the form of lists of frequencies and percentages. For the quantitative variables (continuous or ordinal), indices of central tendency (mean, median) and dispersion (standard deviation and maximum and minimum values) will also be presented.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Infant Nutritional Physiological Phenomena Complementary Feeding||Other: Complementary feeding behaviours|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||1925 participants|
|Official Title:||Knowledge and Habitual Practices in the Preparation of Complementary Feeding in Spain a: Cross-sectional Study|
|Actual Study Start Date :||May 1, 2018|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||May 20, 2018|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||June 1, 2018|
Caregivers infants <2years old
Caregivers of infants under 2 years of age (parents or other), of any gender, who prepare complementary feeding regularly (more than once a week).
Other: Complementary feeding behaviours
Any kind of complementary feeding practice
- Texture/type of complementary feeding (dichotomic) [ Time Frame: 1 month ]Know how caregivers prepare the complementary feeding, mainly blended or solid
- Ingredient selection (%) [ Time Frame: 1 month ]know how caregivers select ingredients to allow diversity
- Food/ingredient amount (gr/100gr) [ Time Frame: 1 month ]know the amount of food and ingredients are often used by caregivers
- Ingredient preparation and cooking technique [ Time Frame: 1 month ]know the ingredient preparation and cooking technique usually used by careguivers
- conservation technique [ Time Frame: 1 month ]know what conservation techniques are used by caregivers
- hygiene [ Time Frame: 1 month ]mainly hand/ingrediente washing behaviours
- Wold Health Organization (WHO) core indicators about complementary feeding [ Time Frame: 1 month ]Wold Health Organization (WHO) core indicators about complementary feeding
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03675607
|Academia Española de Nutrición y Dietética|
|Pamplona, Navarra, Spain, 31006|