Incidence and Severity of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) in the French Wounded Soldiers (SDRA-OPEX)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03662230|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 7, 2018
Last Update Posted : March 30, 2020
|Condition or disease|
|Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome|
The Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) complicates war wounds. Among the repatriated wounded persons, it can appear in the first 7 days.
It has been well described among American soldiers and it is known that it's serious, frequent and multifactorial.
However, not a single study has described the frequency and the severity of the ARDS in French wounded soldiers.
Thus the purpose of this study is to estimate the incidence and severity of the ARDS among the French wounded soldiers, admitted in continuing care and intensive care unit between 2001 and 2017.
The analysis of this data collection will let us improve the medical care of the ARDS in Outside Operation.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||100 participants|
|Official Title:||Incidence and Severity of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) in the French Wounded Soldiers|
|Actual Study Start Date :||June 1, 2018|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||November 7, 2019|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||November 7, 2019|
- Incidence of ARDS [ Time Frame: Day 7 ]The appearance of ARDS is defined by a ratio of partial pressure arterial oxygen (PaO2) and fraction of inspired oxygen (FiO2) lower than 300 in 7 days after the wound.
- Assess the severity of ARDS [ Time Frame: 7 days ]the severity of ARDS will be assessed regarding the necessity or not of non-invasive and invasive ventilation
- Description of the severity of ARDS [ Time Frame: 7 days ]the therapeutic intensity will be describe with : Maximal Positive end-expiration pressure (PEEP), curarisation, nitrogen monoxide (NO), prone position , Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation.
- Mortality [ Time Frame: Day 90 ]Assess the mortality since hospitalization
- Assessment of the severity of ARDS [ Time Frame: 7 days ]the severity of ARDS will be assessed regarding duration of non-invasive and invasive ventilation
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03662230
|Hôpital d'Instruction des Armées Sainte Anne|
|Toulon, Var, France, 83000|
|Study Director:||Julien Bordes, professor||Hopital d'Instruction des Armées Sainte Anne|