Effectivness of Active Office Intervention (ActiveOffice)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03649893|
Recruitment Status : Not yet recruiting
First Posted : August 28, 2018
Last Update Posted : October 2, 2019
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Sedentary Lifestyle||Device: Active Office||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||20 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Intervention Model Description:||Randomised Controlled Trial|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Primary Purpose:||Device Feasibility|
|Official Title:||The Effectivness of Multi-modal Intervention for Reducing Sedentary Behavior in Office Workers|
|Estimated Study Start Date :||December 5, 2019|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||February 1, 2020|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||March 1, 2020|
No Intervention: Control Group
The control group will use conventional siiting-desk office.
Experimental: Active Office Group
The experimental group will use active offfice, including sit-to-stand desk, bike desk, seddle chair and active breask.
Device: Active Office
Active Office intervention includes sit-to-stand desk, bike desk, seddle chair, and active breaks.
- Weekly physical activity levels [ Time Frame: 5 days ]Weekly physical activity levels will be measured with ActivePal sensors.
- Weekly sitting time [ Time Frame: 5 days ]Weekly sitting time will be measured with ActivePal sensors.
- Heart rate [ Time Frame: 5 days ]Heart rate will be measured with Polar Heart Rate Monitor.
- Blood Pressure [ Time Frame: Baseline and after 5 days ]Blood pressure will be measured with electronic blood pressure monitor.
- Global Physical Activity Questionnaire [ Time Frame: Baseline and after 5 days ]Global Physical Activity Questionnaire is used to subjectively assess physical activity levels.
- Sedentary Behavior Questionnaire [ Time Frame: Baseline and after 5 days ]Sedentary Behavior Questionnaire is used to subjectively assess sedentary behavior.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03649893
|Contact: Nejc Sarabon, Phd||+386 5 662 64 66 ext email@example.com|
|Izola, Slovenia, 6310|
|Contact: Nejc Sarabon, Phd +386 5 662 64 66 ext 00386 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator:||Nejc Sarabon, Phd||University of Primorska|