Firefighter Cardiorespiratory Fitness (CRF) Pilot Study
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03585335|
Recruitment Status : Active, not recruiting
First Posted : July 13, 2018
Last Update Posted : April 30, 2020
|Condition or disease|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||131 participants|
|Official Title:||Development of a Cardiorespiratory Risk Surveillance Score Via Comparison of Body Composition Methods, Cardiorespiratory Fitness, and Obesity in Firefighters|
|Actual Study Start Date :||September 27, 2018|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||July 31, 2020|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||August 31, 2020|
- Multivariate prediction score of cardiorespiratory risk [ Time Frame: 2 months ]Develop a cardiorespiratory fitness score (CVFS) from a conjunction of body composition measures (Body Mass Index [BMI], as body fat percentage [BF%], lean body mass percentage [LBM%], and waist circumference [WC]) and demographic variables that is well-correlated with measured VO2max, evaluate the cardiorespiratory risk score performance in age and gender-stratified subpopulations relative to the accepted standard of gender-stratified VO2max criteria, and identify age and gender-stratified cardiorespiratory risk score threshold and diagnostic test performance.
- Correlation of non-body mass index (BMI) body composition methods with body mass index [ Time Frame: 2 months ]Measure body composition data and evaluate the correlation of body mass index (BMI) with non-body mass index body composition measures, such as body fat percentage (BF%), lean body mass percentage (LBM%), or waist circumference (WC) in individuals in a firefighter population.
- Correlation of body composition methods with measured VO2max [ Time Frame: 2 months ]Measure cardiorespiratory fitness in terms VO2max and evaluate the correlation of body composition measures such as body mass index (BMI), body fat percentage (BF%), lean body mass percentage (LBM%), and/or waist circumference (WC) with VO2max, in individuals in a firefighter population.
- Diagnostic test evaluation of body composition methods for meeting obesity criteria [ Time Frame: 2 months ]Evaluate diagnostic test metrics, such as sensitivity and specificity, of population meeting obesity criteria by body mass index (BMI) and waist circumference (WC), as compared to body fat percentage (BF%) as the reference standard.
- Direct estimated cost comparison of measured VO2max with developed prediction score [ Time Frame: 2 months ]Estimate cost-effectiveness of a developed cardiorespiratory risk score in comparison to measured VO2max in a firefighter population.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03585335
|United States, Minnesota|
|Bloomington, Minnesota, United States, 55425|