Bacteriological Link Between Upper and Lower Airways in Cystic Fibrosis and Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia (BAVASI)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03494894|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : April 11, 2018
Last Update Posted : August 4, 2020
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Cystic Fibrosis Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia||Diagnostic Test: Middle meatus aspirations and sputum|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||120 participants|
|Official Title:||Bacteriological Link Between Upper and Lower Airways in Cystic Fibrosis and Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia|
|Actual Study Start Date :||June 1, 2017|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||June 14, 2017|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||February 19, 2019|
|patients with Cystic Fibrosis and Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia||
Diagnostic Test: Middle meatus aspirations and sputum
Bacterial genotype sequencing analysis will be performed in patients with bacteriological concordance between upper and lower airways.
- Presence of bacterial colonization of the upper and lower airway [ Time Frame: 1 day ]
- bacteriological concordance [ Time Frame: 1 day ]bacteriological concordance of upper airways (VAS) and lower (VAI) between patients with cystic fibrosis and those with primary ciliary dyskinesia.
- bacteria genotype [ Time Frame: 1 day ]Compare the genotype of bacteria present in both VAS and VAI.
- bacteriological concordance in children [ Time Frame: 1 day ]Subgroup analysis (group <18 years old)
- bacteriological concordance in adult [ Time Frame: 1 day ]Subgroup analysis (adult group)
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03494894
|Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal de Créteil|
|Créteil, France, 94000|