Surviving a Decade or More After Coronary Revascularization in a Middle Eastern Population (DECADE1+ME)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03491722|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : April 9, 2018
Last Update Posted : June 25, 2019
The study will look at the cardiovascular risk factors as they arise, as well at the need for further revascularization after at least 10 years of coronary revascularization in Middle Eastern patients.
The PI will overlook the whole process. Dr Ahmad Tamari, the assistant to the PI will asses this whole process of data collection, management and manuscript drafting.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Risk Factors AND Repeat Revascularization||Other: risk factors and revascularization procedures|
Middle Eastern patients aged 18 years or above presenting to cardiology service at one tertiary care center who had coronary revascularization (stent or coronary bypass surgery, i.e., index procedure) at least 10 years back, will interviewed to determine:
- Evolution of cardiovascular risk factors in the period from index procedure to time of interview. These risk factors include; hypertension, diabetes, smoking, dyslipidemia and obesity.
Need for further arterial revascularization from the index procedure to time of interview.
These arterial revascularization procedures include A. Coronary: stent and/or bypass surgery B. Carotid endarterectomy. C. peripheral arterial revascularization D. Renal artery stent.
- Medications used at the time if interview with special emphases on the guideline-recommended medications including antiplatelet agents, beta blockers, statins and renin angiotensin blockers.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||1000 participants|
|Official Title:||Evolution of Risk Factors and Revascularization Among >1 Decade Survivors After Coronary Revascularization in the Middle East|
|Actual Study Start Date :||June 1, 2018|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||June 10, 2019|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||June 10, 2019|
- Other: risk factors and revascularization procedures
arterial revascularizations needed since index procedure
- Risk factors [ Time Frame: Since index procedure to time of interview at least 10 years later ]Appearance of diabetes, hypertension, smoking, dyslipidemia or obesity since index procedure
- Arterial revascularizations [ Time Frame: Since index procedure to time of interview at least 10 years later ]Undergoing further coronary stent or surgery, carotid stent or surgery, lower limbs stent or surgery, and renal artery stent.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03491722