Low Intensity Exercise in Different Normobaric/Hypobaric Normoxic/Hypoxic Conditions. (Hypoxia)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03439202|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : February 20, 2018
Last Update Posted : February 15, 2019
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Baro-reflex Sensitivity Heart Rate Variability EEG, Microstates Cerebral Blood Flow Regulation Cerebral Oxygenation Oxygen Saturation Concentration Performance||Other: Hypoxia||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||20 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Intervention Model Description:||Crossover randomized study|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Masking Description:||No drug and no arm are used for this study. This is a clinical study, because subjects are exposed to hypoxic conditions.|
|Official Title:||The Effects of Low Intensity Exercise in Hypobaric vs. Normobaric Normoxic and Hypoxic Conditions on Baroreflex Sensitivity, Physiological Responses and Cerebral Functions in Pilots.|
|Actual Study Start Date :||March 19, 2018|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||February 14, 2019|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||February 14, 2019|
No arm used
No drug use for this study. No arm used in this study. Subjects are exposed to hypoxic conditions (clinical study).
Subject will conduct low-intensity exercise on a bike in different hypoxic conditions.
Other Name: Low-intensity cycling exercise
- Baro-reflex sensitivity [ Time Frame: 6 minutes per record. ]To test the strength of relationship between RR interval and systolic blood pressure in human. Measurement before and after low intensity exercise in each condition.
- Concentration performance [ Time Frame: 4 minutes per test ]Subjects will conduct a concentration test in each condition.
- EEG microstates [ Time Frame: 6 minutes per record ]Microstates analysis to investigate how electrical cerebral activity is affected at rest in hypoxia and influenced by low intensity cycling exercise.
- Heart rate variability (HRV) [ Time Frame: 6 minutes per record ]To investigate about stress (sympathetic and parasympathetic activation) in each condition tested.
- Cerebral blood flow [ Time Frame: 6 minutes per record. ]Regulation of cerebral blood flow in hypoxia at rest and during low-intensity exercise. Measurement before, during and after low intensity exercise in each condition. 6 minutes recording per measurement.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03439202
|Aeromedical Center / Fliegerärztliches Institut|
|Dübendorf, ZH, Switzerland, 8600|
|Principal Investigator:||Denis Bron, Dr. med.||Aeromedical Center|