Which Needs for Premature New-born Babies' Parents Facing Environmental and Social Difficulties ? (PrémaSoin)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03394443|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified January 2018 by Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Besancon.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : January 9, 2018
Last Update Posted : January 9, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Preterm Birth||Behavioral: Semi-structured interviews|
- From parents collected during semi-structured interviews.
- To highlight the social, environmental and economic difficulties that parents have encountered in the context of the premature birth of their child (before birth, during hospitalization and return home).
- Determine the possible help they need in the psychosocial and environmental field.
Difficulties of the parents we expected:
- Pre-existing child birth: poor socio-economic environment, unstable social, family and / or occupational status, poorly followed pregnancy, etc.
- After the birth: professional break-up, custody of other children of the siblings, balance of the couple, financial loss, isolation, transportation problems to get to the hospital, etc.
Needs we expected :
- Before birth: measures to prevent prematurity, social and/or psychological support, information, etc.
- After the birth: support of the entourage, interview with a social worker, help to come in hospital, help to live near the hospital, parental leave, project and long-term support, doctor referred, relationship with professionals in ambulatory (psychologist, Infant and Maternal Protection ...), preparation of the arrival of the child at home +/- home improvement, etc.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||20 participants|
|Official Title:||Which Needs for Premature New-born Babies' Parents Facing Environmental and Social Difficulties ? A Qualitative Study in Besancon University Hospital.|
|Actual Study Start Date :||December 28, 2017|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||March 2018|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||April 2018|
- Behavioral: Semi-structured interviews
Semi-structured interviews of the parents of preterm infants. 3 weeks after their child has left hospital. They will be made either at the University Hospital of Besançon. They will take place in a dedicated hospital ward to ensure the confidentiality of the statements made between the investigator and the parent.
They will follow a predefined questionnaire. They will be fully recorded on a dictaphone with note taking during the interview by the investigator and will be transcribed in writing anonymously and confidentially on Word.
The content of the interviews will be analyzed:
- As a first step, it will be a vertical analysis of the thematization of each interview
- Then, in a second step, a transversal analysis between the contents of the different interviews.
- Social, environmental and economic difficulties encountered by parents [ Time Frame: Month 1 ]Qualitative analysis of semi-structured interviews
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03394443
|Contact: NAJID Hanafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|CHU de Besançon||Recruiting|
|Contact: Hana Najid, Int email@example.com|