Restrictive Versus Liberal Transfusion, Major Surgeries (transfusion)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03394274|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : January 9, 2018
Last Update Posted : January 11, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Transfusion Related Complication||Other: restrictive and liberal transfusion|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||892 participants|
|Official Title:||Restrictive Versus Liberal Transfusion for Elective Major Surgery and Perioperative Outcomes: Mortality, Morbidity and Requirement of Postoperative Blood Transfusion|
|Actual Study Start Date :||June 14, 2017|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||September 15, 2017|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||November 15, 2017|
Patients (n:892) were enrolled who underwent elective major surgery between the 01/01/2016-31/12/2016, and over the age of 18 years. They separated subgroups as restrictive and liberal blood transfusion groups
Other: restrictive and liberal transfusion
hemoglobin threshold value was accepted 8g/dl. restrictive blood transfusion group was defined that if perioperative transfusion was started equal or under hemoglobin level 8 g / dL. Liberal blood transfusion group was defined as perioperative transfusion was started over hemoglobin level 8 g / dL .
- Restrictive or Liberal transfusion [ Time Frame: 52 weeks ]It is determined how many units of RBC (red blood cell ) used during major operations at the hospital in liberal transfusion group or restrictive transfusion group.
- Mortality [ Time Frame: 52 weeks ]Survival ratios between the restrictive transfusion group and the liberal transfusion group are compared.
- Postoperative transfusion requirement [ Time Frame: 52 Weeks ]The requirement of postoperative blood transfusion between the restrictive transfusion group and the liberal transfusion group is determined.
- The Need of ICU [ Time Frame: 52 Weeks ]The need of ICU between the restrictive transfusion group and the liberal transfusion group of patients is determined.
- Postoperative Duration of Stay in Hospital of patients [ Time Frame: 52 Weeks ]The postoperative duration of stay in hospital of patients between the restrictive transfusion group and the liberal transfusion group are compared.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03394274
|University of Health sciences,sisli Hamidiye Etfal Training and Research Hospital|
|Istanbul, Turkey, 34371|