Nursing Activity and Quality of Hospitalized Patients' Sleep (SOMACTIV)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03370354|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified December 2017 by Central Hospital, Nancy, France.
Recruitment status was: Not yet recruiting
First Posted : December 12, 2017
Last Update Posted : December 12, 2017
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Sleep Disorders, Circadian Rhythm||Behavioral: Observational|
There are 5 speciality medical units involved. Patients must respond to the define inclusion criteria. Each patient will be asked if they agree to participate and if so will be asked to consent to participate.
Every day, nurses will give a questionnaire which will be completed by the patient to know if there were troubles sleeping patterns. If so, a second questionnaire will be completed by the patient.
Other data will be recorded such as personal informations, diagnostic, medical history, consumption habits and treatments.
The inclusion phase lasts 15 days maximum.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||328 participants|
|Official Title:||The Impact of Night Nursing Activity on the Quality of Hospitalized Patients' Sleep|
|Estimated Study Start Date :||February 1, 2018|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||August 15, 2019|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||August 15, 2019|
First questionnaire (spiegel questionnaire) will allow a score on 30. If the score is > 18, the patient will be in the control group.
troubled sleeping patterns group
First questionnaire (spiegel questionnaire) will allow a score on 30. If the score is < 18, the patient will be in the troubled patterns group.
Ask patients about sleep quality and identify reasons of troubled sleeping patterns in the units.
- Presence of a sleeping disorder partially or totally related, according to patient's opinion, to night nursing activity [ Time Frame: At the end of participation of patient- maximum at day 15 after inclusion ]
- Part of patients declaring disturbing elements related to night nursing activity [ Time Frame: At day 15 after inclusion ]A follow up sheet is completed every day by a study nurse who asks to patient if the patient sleeps well during the previous night
- Disturbing elements related to night nursing activity [ Time Frame: Every day during 15 days ]A follow up sheet is completed every day by a study nurse who asks to patient what was the disturbing elements according to him
- Individual and clinical disturbing elements [ Time Frame: Every day during 15 days ]A follow up sheet is completed every day by a study nurse who asks to patient what was the disturbing elements according to him
- Average length of patients' sleep in patients with troubled sleeping during hospitalization [ Time Frame: Every day during 15 days ]Estimated with the Vis Morgen self administered questionnaire
- Sleep quality measured by Spiegel score [ Time Frame: Every day during 15 days ]Score from 0 to 30
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03370354
|Contact: Bridey Célinefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator:||Bridey Céline||CHRU Nancy France|