Two Handed Jaw-thrust on Postoperative Sore Throat After Double-lumen Endotracheal Tube Insertion
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03331809|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : November 6, 2017
Last Update Posted : March 18, 2019
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Lung Surgery||Procedure: Two-handed jaw thrust Procedure: Conventional intubation||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||106 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Triple (Participant, Investigator, Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||Influence of Two-handed Jaw Thrust on Postoperative Sore Throat in Patients Undergoing Double-lumen Endobronchial Tube Insertion|
|Actual Study Start Date :||December 11, 2017|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||May 1, 2018|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||May 2, 2018|
|Active Comparator: Control||
Procedure: Conventional intubation
The attending anesthesiologist provided intubation with double-lumen tube endotracheal tube without two-handed jaw thrust.
Procedure: Two-handed jaw thrust
The assistant applied two-handed jaw thrust when intubating with double-lumen tube endotracheal tube.
- Number of participants with postoperative sore throat for postoperative 24 h [ Time Frame: At 24 hr ]
- Number of participants with postoperative sore throat [ Time Frame: At 1, 6, and 24 hr ]
- Postoperative sore throat scores [ Time Frame: At 1, 6, and 24 hr ]Visual anlogue scales will be used (10: most imaginable pain, 0: no pain).
- Number of participants with postoperative hoarseness [ Time Frame: At 1, 6, and 24 hr ]
- Number of participants with postoperative shivering [ Time Frame: At 1, 6, and 24 hr ]
- Wound pain scores [ Time Frame: At 1, 6, and 24 hr ]Visual anlogue scales will be used (10: most imaginable pain, 0: no pain).
- Jaw discomfort scores [ Time Frame: At 1, 6, and 24 hr ]Visual anlogue scales will be used (10: most imaginable pain, 0: no pain).
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03331809
|Korea, Republic of|
|Daegu, Non-US/Canada, Korea, Republic of, 137-040|