Uncontrolled Hypertension Management (TEAM-HTN) (TEAM-HTN)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03281772|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified March 2018 by Madigan Army Medical Center.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : September 13, 2017
Last Update Posted : March 19, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Uncontrolled Hypertension||Other: Clinical Decision Software - provider portal Other: Clinical Decision Software - patient portal|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||180 participants|
|Official Title:||Technology Assisted Management of Uncontrolled Hypertension (TEAM-HTN): a Pilot Study|
|Actual Study Start Date :||January 24, 2017|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||June 30, 2018|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||July 1, 2018|
Consented providers with prescriptive privileges will use the clinical decision software - provider portal to manage study patients with uncontrolled hypertension for 6 months. Participants will conduct a baseline face-to-face visit with study patients, access the program daily to check for patient high blood pressure alerts and lab results, conduct virtual visits as needed every 7 - 10 days, track the time and number of patients managed using the program and complete two questionnaires.
Other: Clinical Decision Software - provider portal
As noted in Arms
In a 6 month period, participants with uncontrolled hypertension will attend an initial face-to-face visit with a study provider, monitor their blood pressures 3x/week at home, enter their blood pressure readings manually or digitally into the clinical decision software - patient portal, get up to 4 blood draws, participate into up to 3 virtual visits monthly, and complete a questionnaire.
Other: Clinical Decision Software - patient portal
As noted in Arms
- Patients with controlled hypertension [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Percent of systolic and diastolic blood pressure readings within patient-specific target goals averaged in 10-day cycles at least 70% of the time.
- Provider Satisfaction [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Provider satisfaction with efficacy, feasibility and usability of the clinical decision software program
- Patient Satisfaction [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Patient satisfaction with efficacy, feasibility and usability of the clinical decision software program
- Provider time [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Time in minutes each provider spends per patient managing uncontrolled hypertension.
- Medication costs [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Costs of medications per patient to achieve controlled hypertension using a published relative value scale
- Time to reach blood pressure goals [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Number of days from enrollment patients are not at target (70% control rate)
- Patients with controlled hypertension by provider [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Number of patients per provider level (MD, DO, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant) with controlled hypertension
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03281772
|Contact: Leilani A Siaki, PhDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Victor S Lin, MDemail@example.com|
|United States, Washington|
|Madigan Army Medical Center||Recruiting|
|Tacoma, Washington, United States, 98431-1100|
|Principal Investigator:||Leilani A. Siaki, PhD||Madigan Army Medical Center|