Role of Ultrasound in Diagnosis of Acute Abdomen in Pediatric Group
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03259048|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified August 2017 by mohmed abdelwahab, Assiut University.
Recruitment status was: Not yet recruiting
First Posted : August 23, 2017
Last Update Posted : August 23, 2017
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Ultra Sound in Diagnosis of Acute Abdomen in Pediatric Group||Diagnostic Test: Abdominal ultrasound|
- No specific preparation is needed.
- Demographic data including age, sex, detailed history, clinical presentation, laboratory tests, and data of any other investigations or operation will be obtained.
Clinical examination will be done in emergency pediatric unit for provisional diagnosis.
-Study instruments:• Patients will examined by Grey-Scale Ultrasonography (U/S) combined with Color Doppler Ultrasonography (CDUS).
3-Technique of examination
- will be in supine position.
- Patient First examination of whole abdomen will be done by Grey -Scale U/S using both 3.5 MHZ and 7.5 MHZ transducers .It will be done in both longitudinal ( parallel to long axis of the patient ) and transverse ( perpendicular to long axis of the patient ) orientation .
- Then finally examination by Color Doppler US will be done for assessment of organ perfusion and diagnosing inflammation.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||100 participants|
|Official Title:||Role of Ultrasound in Diagnosis of Acute Abdomen in Pediatric Group|
|Estimated Study Start Date :||October 1, 2017|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||October 1, 2019|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||October 1, 2019|
pediatric group from age of one day to eighteen years.
Diagnostic Test: Abdominal ultrasound
Abdominal ultrasound will be used in the diagnosis of acute abdomen in pediatric group.
- efficacy of ultrasound in diagnosis of acute abdomen [ Time Frame: 2 years ]efficacy of ultrasound in diagnosis of acute abdomen
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03259048
|Contact: mohamed email@example.com|
|Contact: mohamed firstname.lastname@example.org|