Person Centered Nursing Homes: Impact Assessment Of Centered Person Care In Nursing Homes (RECENPE)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03200145|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified June 2017 by Fundacio Salut i Envelliment UAB.
Recruitment status was: Not yet recruiting
First Posted : June 27, 2017
Last Update Posted : June 27, 2017
Cohort Observational Study. The study will assess differences in quality of life, well-being and mood between persons living in a nursing home following usual care and persons living in nursing homes following a centered person care model.
Initially, the follow up will last 6 months, with the possibility to be extended.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Health Services for the Aged Quality of Life Mood||Other: ACP intervention|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||170 participants|
|Official Title:||Residències Centrades en Les Persones (RECENPE): avaluació de l'Impacte d'un Model d'ACP en residències Per Persones Grans|
|Estimated Study Start Date :||June 27, 2017|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||February 2018|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||February 2018|
The control group is made by persons living in nursing homes under usual care
Other: ACP intervention
The intervention group made by persons living in nursing homes using a person centered attention model relying on two dimensions:
- Thriving in nursing homes [ Time Frame: 0, 6 months ]
Thriving in nursing homes will be assessed with the Thriving of Older People Assessment Scale (TOPAS).
Investigators will assess the change between groups.
- Quality of life [ Time Frame: 0, 6 months ]Quality of life will be assessed with the Euroqol 5D-5L. Investigators will assess the change between groups.
- Well-being [ Time Frame: 0, 6 months ]Well-being will be assessed by the WHO (Five) Well Being Index (1998 version). Investigators will assess the change between groups.
- Depressive symptoms [ Time Frame: 0, 6 months ]
Cognitive impairment affects the assessment of depressive symptoms. For this reason, according to their stage using the Reisberg Global Deterioration Scale, investigators will assess the presence or absence of depressive symptoms with two tools
- stage 0 to 4: investigators will consider that a person has depressive symptoms with a score of 6 or more using the 15 items Yesavage Geriatric Depression Scale,
- stage 5 to 7: investigators will consider that a person has depressive symptoms with a score of 11 or more using the Cornell Depression Scale.
Investigators will assess the change in the prevalence of depressive symptoms between groups.
- Neuropsychiatric inventory [ Time Frame: 0,6 months ]Neuropsychiatric symptoms will be assessed with the Brief Neuropsychiatric inventory(NPI-Q). Investigators will assess the change between groups.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03200145
|Contact: Xavier Rojano Luque, MD||93 433 50 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Antoni Salvà Casanovas, MDemail@example.com|
|Residència "Casa del Avis"|
|Sant Sadurní d'Anoia, Barcelona, Spain, 08770|
|Contact: Aida Batet +34 93 891 14 66 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Neus Montserrat email@example.com|
|Residència i Centre de dia Sant Hilari|
|Sant Hilari Sacalm, Girona, Spain, 17403|
|Contact: Gemma Puig +34 972872800 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator:||Xavier Rojano Luque, MD||Fundació Salut i Envelliment UAB|