Healthy Bellies - Intervention Program During Pregnancy on Women and Newborn
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03045237|
Recruitment Status : Active, not recruiting
First Posted : February 7, 2017
Last Update Posted : May 8, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Lifestyle Physical Activity Dietary Habits Depressive Symptoms||Other: physical exercises classes||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||410 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Sporty Bellies - Intervention Program During Pregnancy on Women and Newborn|
|Actual Study Start Date :||November 1, 2015|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||December 31, 2017|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||August 31, 2018|
Experimental: Intervention Group
The program consists in 3 physical exercise classes, one of them in the pool.
Other: physical exercises classes
3 physical exercises classes, one of them in the pool.
No Intervention: Control Group
The control group has the basic information through health professionals.
- Change in physical activity assessed with the "Pregnancy Physical Activity Questionnaire" [ Time Frame: Baseline and 1 month after delivery ]Evaluation through "Pregnancy Physical Activity Questionnaire"
- Change in Dietary intake assessed with the "Food frequency questionnaire" [ Time Frame: Baseline and 1 month after delivery ]Evaluation through "Food frequency questionnaire"
- Gestational Weight gain [ Time Frame: 1 day after delivery ]Values are self-reported by pregnant women
- Change in Depressive Symptoms assessed with the "Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale" [ Time Frame: Baseline, 1 day after delivery and 1 month after delivery ]Evaluation through "Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale"
- Weight of the baby [ Time Frame: 1 day after delivery ]Self-reported by participants
- Length of the baby [ Time Frame: 1 day after delivery ]Self-reported by participants
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03045237
|Universidade do Minho|
|Study Director:||Maria B Pereira||University of Minho|