Personalized Back Rx Exercise Program as a Treatment for Discogenic Low Back Pain
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03040310|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : February 2, 2017
Last Update Posted : February 8, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Low Back Pain||Other: Back Rx program||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||98 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Personalized Back Rx Exercise Program With Coaching, Social Support, and Sensor-assisted Assessments as a Treatment for Discogenic Low Back Pain: A Prospective Pilot Study|
|Actual Study Start Date :||January 2016|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||September 2017|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||September 2017|
Experimental: Back Rx program
Study patients will use their smartphone apps to view their Back Rx program content, exercises, and videos.
Other: Back Rx program
The Back Rx program can be viewed via a smartphone app.
- Oswestry Disability Index [ Time Frame: Up to 12 months post-program start ]The Oswestry Disability Index is scored on a scale of 0-100, with a higher number representing more severe disability.
- Compliance with app/program [ Time Frame: Up to 12 months post-program start ]Measured via usage analytics by a composite index based on % of videos viewed and % of videos completed
- Satisfaction with program [ Time Frame: Up to 12 months post-program start ]Participants will be asked whether they would recommend the app to a friend.
- Medication utilization [ Time Frame: Up to 3 months post-program start ]Usage of medications will be documented
- Pain score [ Time Frame: Up to 12 months post-program start ]Pain will be assessed via the visual analog scale
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03040310
|United States, New York|
|Hospital for Special Surgery|
|New York, New York, United States, 10021|