Evaluation of a Commercial Program on Weight Loss and Health Outcomes
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03037567|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : January 31, 2017
Last Update Posted : May 18, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Overweight and Obesity||Behavioral: Modified Weight Watchers plan||Not Applicable|
Show Detailed Description
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||152 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Evaluation of a Commercial Program on Weight Loss and Health Outcomes|
|Actual Study Start Date :||January 27, 2017|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||August 31, 2017|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||August 31, 2017|
Experimental: Modified Weight Watchers plan
Modified Weight Watchers Plan which includes a food plan, activity plan, group support and cognitive behavior modification. Weekly study-specific group meetings; electronic tools through iPhone app for 24 weeks.
Behavioral: Modified Weight Watchers plan
Weight Watchers is a structured lifestyle modification program that includes a food plan based on balanced diet and healthy eating, activity plan designed to promote progressive physical activity increase, group support and cognitive behavior modification. Participants attend weekly in-person group meetings led by a trained Weight Watchers meeting leader and have a suite of electronic tools available through an iPhone app.
- Weight Change [ Time Frame: 0 - 6 months ]Mean Change in body weight (kg) Body weight will be assessed on a calibrated digital scale and recorded to the nearest 0.1 kg.
- Achieving a weight loss of 5% or more [ Time Frame: 0 - 6 months ]% participants achieving a weight loss of 5% initial body weight or more
- Achieving a weight loss of 5% or more [ Time Frame: 0 - 3 months ]% participants achieving a weight loss of 5% initial body weight or more
- Weight Change [ Time Frame: 0 - 3 months ]Mean Change in body weight (kg)
- Waist circumference change (cm) (mean) [ Time Frame: 0 - 3 months ]Waist circumference will be measured at the iliac crest
- Waist circumference change (cm) (mean) [ Time Frame: 0 - 6 months ]Waist circumference will be measured at the iliac crest
- Relationship between fitness, flexibility and psychosocial measures with weight change [ Time Frame: 0 - 6 months ]The relationship between weight change and any of these measures will be assessed.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03037567
|United States, North Carolina|
|University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill|
|Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States, 27514|
|Principal Investigator:||Deborah F Tate, PhD||University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill|