Efficacy of Cognitive Bias Modification in Residential Treatment for Addiction
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03000699|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : December 22, 2016
Last Update Posted : April 20, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Substance Dependence||Behavioral: Cognitive Bias Modification||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||88 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Single (Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||Efficacy of Cognitive Bias Modification in Residential Treatment for Addiction|
|Actual Study Start Date :||March 1, 2017|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||September 2018|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||September 2018|
Experimental: Cognitive Bias Modification
64 training paragraphs, approximately 10-20 seconds each, digitally recorded and presented stereophonically through headphones, delivered over the course of one week.
Behavioral: Cognitive Bias Modification
Training paragraphs describe scenarios designed to be ambiguous at the outset and to resolve in a positive direction, with the intention of establishing a learning contingency between the ambiguity at the beginning of the scenario and the positive resolution that becomes clear towards the end of the statement.
No Intervention: Assessment-Only Control
No training will be provided.
- Columbia-Suicide Severity Rating Scale, Screen Version (C-SSRS) [ Time Frame: Seven days ]This scale quantifies the severity of suicidal ideation and behaviour.
- Beck Hopelessness Scale (BHS) [ Time Frame: Seven days ]This questionnaire assesses thoughts and emotions associated with the future.
- Beck Depression Inventory II (BDI-II) [ Time Frame: Seven days ]This questionnaire assesses severity of depressive symptoms and cognitions.
- Positive and Negative Affect Schedule (PANAS) [ Time Frame: Seven days ]This questionnaire assesses current positive and negative mood
- Scrambled Sentences Tests [ Time Frame: Seven days ]This computer test will be used as an implicit measure of negative interpretation bias.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03000699
|Contact: Lena C Quilty, PhD||416-535-8501 ext firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Lena C Quilty, PhD|
|Centre for Addiction and Mental Health||Recruiting|
|Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5T 1R8|
|Contact: Lena C Quilty, PhD 416-535-8501 ext 34313 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator:||Lena C Quilty, PhD||Centre for Addiction and Mental Health|