Responsible Fatherhood Opportunities for Reentry & Mobility (ReFORM)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02860988|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : August 10, 2016
Last Update Posted : September 2, 2020
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Substance Use Disorders||Behavioral: MCCC treatment||Not Applicable|
Individuals with a criminal justice background (either incarcerated or on community supervision) and substance use issues will have the opportunity to enroll in services provided by the Mountain Comprehensive Care Center to focus on enhancing fatherhood and family situations.
The primary research questions focus on gauging the intervention's effectiveness in improving healthy relationship and responsible fatherhood outcomes. The intervention has several components targeting parenting skills, job training, relationship education, and case management/reentry support. Primary research questions include:
- Compared to the counterfactual condition, what is the impact of the intervention on parenting and co-parenting skills/behaviors, as measured by parental role satisfaction and confidence in parenting skills six months after release from incarceration?
- Compared to the counterfactual condition, what is the impact of the intervention on the likelihood that the participant will be employed six months after release from incarceration?
- Compared to the counterfactual condition, what is the impact of the intervention on the likelihood that the participant will be in a relationship six months after release from incarceration?
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||500 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Responsible Fatherhood Opportunities for Reentry & Mobility|
|Study Start Date :||July 2016|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||June 2021|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||June 2021|
Experimental: MCCC treatment
Participants receive newly supported services to enhance fatherhood and parenting for individuals with substance use issues.
Behavioral: MCCC treatment
Participants receive newly supported grant services to enhance fatherhood and parenting among individuals with substance use issues.
- Substance use [ Time Frame: Baseline, 12 weeks, 6 months post-release ]measured using the ASSIST
- Fatherhood relationships [ Time Frame: Baseline, 12 weeks, 6 months post-release ]measured using ACF required performance indicators
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02860988