Potential Role of Water-soluble Ubiquinol in Complementary Therapy for Pediatric Dilated Cardiomyopathy
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02847585|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 28, 2016
Last Update Posted : July 11, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Pediatric Dilated Cardiomyopathy||Dietary Supplement: Water-soluble Ubiquinol||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||10 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Primary Purpose:||Basic Science|
|Actual Study Start Date :||August 1, 2016|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||May 30, 2018|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||July 6, 2018|
Experimental: Open label
Dietary Supplement: Water-soluble Ubiquinol
10 mg/kg BW/d, by oral drops
- Left ventricular ejection fraction [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Left ventricular ejection fraction (%) will be measured by cardiac echo.
- Levels of plasma coenzyme Q10 [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Plasma coenzyme Q10 (micromol/L) will be measured by high performance liquid chromatography.
- B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) [ Time Frame: 6 months ]BNP (pg/mL) will be measured by fluorescence immunoassay.
- malondialdehyde (MDA) [ Time Frame: 6 months ]MDA (micromol/L) will be measured by thiobarbituric acid reacting substance.
- catalase (CAT) [ Time Frame: 6 months ]red blood cells level of CAT in unit/mg protein.
- glutathione peroxide (GPx) [ Time Frame: 6 months ]red blood cells level of GPx in unit/mg protein.
- superoxide dismutase (SOD) [ Time Frame: 6 months ]red blood cells level of SOD in unit/mg protein.
- high sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP) [ Time Frame: 6 months ]hs-CRP (mg/dL) will be measured by Immunoturbidimetry.
- high sensitivity interleukin-6 (IL-6) [ Time Frame: 6 months ]IL-6 (pg/dL) will be measured by immunosorbent assay.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02847585
|Chung Shan Medical University|
|Taichung, Taiwan, 40201|
|Principal Investigator:||Ping-Ting Lin, Ph.D.||School of Nutrition, Chung Shan Medical University|