Tumour and HEalthy Tissues DOse-response and Radiosensitivity Assay (THEODORA)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02797405|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : June 13, 2016
Last Update Posted : February 6, 2019
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Sarcoma Rectal Carcinoma Esophagus Cancer||Radiation: Standard treatment||Not Applicable|
For that purpose, this project is composed of 3 stages:
- A Calibration stage that will allow to evaluate the correlation between the clinical tumor response parameters (i.e. TV/AP features) and the radiobiological parameters issued from the A/MS bioassays in order to develop a mathematic model defining the UTCR parameter
- A Validation stage in order to assess the validity of A/MS bioassays towards clinical tumour response parameters (i.e. both TV/AP features and UTCR).
- A Precision stage will be performed either to improve the precision of the predictive performance of the A and MS bioassays or to establish a new mathematical model describing the correlation between clinical and radiobiological parameters. The objective of this precision stage will depend of the results of the calibration stage (see below).
This prospective clinical study will be conducted in a population of patients with different tumor types in order to explore a large range of tumor radiosensitivity including sarcomas, rectal carcinoma and esophagus tumor.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||100 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Evaluation of Individual Radiosensitivity of Cancer Patients to be Treated by Radiotherapy or Radiochemotherapy Per-operative|
|Study Start Date :||October 2016|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||July 2020|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2020|
The patients will receive standard treatment according to international recommendations depending on their type of cancer.
Radiation: Standard treatment
Sarcoma patients will undergo radiotherapy followed by surgery Rectum cancer patients will undergo radio-chemotherapy followed by surgery Esophagus cancer patients will undergo radio-chemotherapy followed by surgery
- Calibration of the correlation between the clinical tumor response and the results of A/MS bioassays using tumor samples [ Time Frame: 2.5 years (after 100 patients enrolled ) ]The calibration stage will be performed using data from the first 40 patients enrolled. All the potential correlations between the clinical and radiobiological parameters will be tested. The links between clinical tumor response parameters and radiobiological parameters derived from MS/A bioassays using tumor samples.
- Validation of the correlation between the clinical tumor response and the results of A/MS bioassays using tumor samples [ Time Frame: 2.5 years (after 100 patients enrolled ) ]The validation stage will be performed using data from the remaining 60 patients enrolled. This stage will assess whether or not the prediction of tumor response derived from the A/MS bioassays fits with the observed tumor response after RT.
- Validation of the correlation between the healthy tissue response (i.e. AE reported as per CTCAE v4) and the results of MS/A bioassays using skin biopsies [ Time Frame: 2.5 years (after 100 patients enrolled ) ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02797405
|Contact: Séverine METZGER||0478782786 ext +email@example.com|
|Caluire-et-Cuire, France, 69641|
|Contact: TAVAN David, MD 04 72 00 71 98 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Centre Georges-François Leclerc||Recruiting|
|Dijon, France, 21079|
|Contact: CREHANGE Gilles, MD 03 80 73 75 17 email@example.com|
|Centre Léon Bérard||Recruiting|
|Lyon, France, 69008|
|Contact: Marie-Pierre SUNYACH, MD 04 78 78 26 47 ext +33 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sub-Investigator: Charles Mastier, MD|
|Principal Investigator: Marie-Pierre SUNYACH, MD|
|Hôpital Privé Jean Mermoz||Recruiting|
|Lyon, France, 69008|
|Contact: CLAVEL Léa, MD 04 37 53 87 26 email@example.com|
|ICL - Institut de Cancérologie de la Lorraine||Recruiting|
|Vandœuvre-lès-Nancy, France, 54519|
|Contact: VOGIN Guillaume, MD 03 83 59 84 27 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator:||Marie-Pierre SUNYACH, MD||Centre Leon Berard|