Defecation Postures for Functional Consumption
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02772692|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified May 2016 by Zhanwei Zhao, Air Force Military Medical University, China.
Recruitment status was: Not yet recruiting
First Posted : May 13, 2016
Last Update Posted : May 13, 2016
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Constipation||Behavioral: Squatting pan||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||600 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Single (Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||Influence of Defecation Postures on Functional Consumption in Humans|
|Study Start Date :||May 2016|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||January 2017|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||January 2017|
Experimental: Squatting pan
Defecation using a squatting pan
Behavioral: Squatting pan
Using squatting pans to replace standard-sized toilets in one group of the included constipation patients
No Intervention: Toilet
defecation using a standard-sized toilet
- Frequency of defecation [ Time Frame: Six months ]Frequency of defecation per week is collected by an interview questionnaire.
- Frequency of re-defecation after the first defecation [ Time Frame: Six months ]Frequency of re-defecation after the first defecation per week is collected by an interview questionnaire.
- Defecation time [ Time Frame: Six months ]Defecation time (minute) is assessed by watch and collected by an interview questionnaire.
- Sensation of non-complete defecation [ Time Frame: Six months ]Sensation of non-complete defecation is investigated by an interview questionnaire (0: no; 1: yes).
- Straining forces during defecation [ Time Frame: Six months ]Straining forces during defecation is assessed by the rating of defecation exertion (0-1-2-3: very easy, easy, difficult, very difficult).
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02772692
|Contact: Zhanwei Zhao, MD||+86 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator:||Qingchuan Zhao, MD||Xijing Hospital|